Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM

132 posts, read 557,162 times

Advertisements

This site has just become a place for miserable people to be miserable together.
If you're posting thousands (literally THOUSANDS) of negative posts. Then your problems go much deeper than with where you live.
There are even some that have moved away and still post over and over about how bad Florida is!
If it's so much better where you moved to THEN WHY ARE YOU ON THIS SITE COMPLAINING ALL THE TIME!! Go enjoy yourself!
I really hope no one actually makes a life changing decision (like moving) based in the info they get here.
There are a few objective honest people here. Some people sprinkling fairy dust to try to sell their condos, and then dozens of people who will be negative no matter where they are or what they do. You know who you are.
If you dare confront them about thier lies or exaggerations your post is deleted and you are warned.
I'm done here.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:49 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
This is not a place to rant. People on here post their opinions whether positive or negative. That is what makes this forum so great. If you only want one-sided views then you have made the right decision to leave this forum.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Getting so intensely upset over a public ( "The people in general, regardless of membership of any particular group; Pertaining to the affairs or official affairs of all people, not just those of a private group; contrasted with private; Open to all")internet site must be an awful way to live & can't be good for mental, emotional nor physical health.

Probably a good thing that you are stepping away for it sounds the site is taking a toll on your life.

Lots on here have many interesting things to say on both sides. It's why I stick around. It's interesting & there are lots of other forums on this site I visit & find those forums just as interesting. For the posts that lean too heavily on either side, I just avoid.

I also trust a particular mod. It appears this mod's act is together & the mod keeps things squared away.

As long as one is following TOS, what they say is allowed. It's your choice to read & react. If you take it personally, that has also been your choice & not the fault of the poster.

I am sure you can start a private site that would focus on your views & agree with your opinions. You may be happier that way for it seems you are searching for something of that nature.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Geez, you need to relax about this. This website is all about peoples views whether good or bad, isn't that peoples rights? You can post your views as long as you stay withing the TOS.

I am confronted all the time when I post my displeasure about where I am right now, YET, I also post my positives about where I am right now. I try to keep a balance. I have learned that. I also learned not to "return fire" stones... It really gets you nowhere.

It seems the person most effected by this website might be the person who started the thread here? Maybe you need to go enjoy yourself also as you said to us??? But if it's that bad for you to read these threads, maybe you should just...Not read them...

Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Default On objectivity and "fairy dust"

There is alot of everything being posted here, on this forum.. Some of it is opinion. Some of it is anecdotal, leaving it to the reader to draw their own conclusion. And some of it is FACT.
For anyone to base their life changing decision, such as a relocation, on only one of those criteria, might be a bit risky. All should be considered. Unfortunatly not everyone understands the difference between those three, and they take opinion, for fact, or fact for opinion, or a story related by someone as a declaration of that being the way it goes with, whatever situation is being discussed.
I think a natural balance exists here. I see people post positive opinion, and I see people balance some of those statements, with facts. And vice versa. Again, it's all in the beholder's eye, what they're reading is good, bad, or indifferent. But the beholder should be able to discern if what they are reading, is indeed fact or opinion. If you take exception to someone's opinion, you are free to post your views, and rebut theirs, that is what discussion forums allow one to do. If you take exception to a fact, you are the one that may have some deeper issues to deal with.....

Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Exactly... perfect post!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
There is alot of everything being posted here, on this forum.. Some of it is opinion. Some of it is anecdotal, leaving it to the reader to draw their own conclusion. And some of it is FACT.
For anyone to base their life changing decision, such as a relocation, on only one of those criteria, might be a bit risky. All should be considered. Unfortunatly not everyone understands the difference between those three, and they take opinion, for fact, or fact for opinion, or a story related by someone as a declaration of that being the way it goes with, whatever situation is being discussed.
I think a natural balance exists here. I see people post positive opinion, and I see people balance some of those statements, with facts. And vice versa. Again, it's all in the beholder's eye, what they're reading is good, bad, or indifferent. But the beholder should be able to discern if what they are reading, is indeed fact or opinion. If you take exception to someone's opinion, you are free to post your views, and rebut theirs, that is what discussion forums allow one to do. If you take exception to a fact, you are the one that may have some deeper issues to deal with.....

Old 08-14-2008, 05:25 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
This site has just become a place for miserable people to be miserable together.
If you're posting thousands (literally THOUSANDS) of negative posts. Then your problems go much deeper than with where you live.
There are even some that have moved away and still post over and over about how bad Florida is!
If it's so much better where you moved to THEN WHY ARE YOU ON THIS SITE COMPLAINING ALL THE TIME!! Go enjoy yourself!
I really hope no one actually makes a life changing decision (like moving) based in the info they get here.
There are a few objective honest people here. Some people sprinkling fairy dust to try to sell their condos, and then dozens of people who will be negative no matter where they are or what they do. You know who you are.
If you dare confront them about thier lies or exaggerations your post is deleted and you are warned.
I'm done here.
OK. Well. I've put some thought into this post, and perhaps because I'm a bit new at this "Mod" thing, I lean more towards posting a response rather then just dealing with it. If I justifiably delete it, no one learns from it, if I reply to it, perhaps it will do more good.
Many Mods might just delete this as a rant, and believe me, I am close to doing that, (And many mods would probably tell me I should), but I think i'll just post a few thoughts instead, almost against my better judgement.

My first thought is that a agree with some of what you are saying, but the problem is that you are saying it too LOUD. You make a few points here that may be valid, but it sounds more like a rant......and rants usually, (and should) be deleted.

First, although I do believe that the Florida forum may be leaning too far into the negative side, and that I personally wish it was a tad more balanced, you exaggerate. Even the most negative posters here have not posted into the thousands.

You are less credible when you accuse others of exaggerating, when you have just done the same thing.

While I may not agree with some posts here, as long as they are within the TOS, they have a right to be posted.

Some negative posters here would perhaps want to move away and be happier, but for various reasons, they cannot.

I have noticed that some negative posters have either moved away already, and for some reason decided to stay on the Florida forums, or have never even lived in Florida. I do not quite understand that myself, but they are still within their rights to do so.

You criticizing the moderating here in itself is grounds for deleting this thread, and I'm sure I will be advised to do so.

You say you are done here. That also is your right. If you choose to stay, be advised- Ranting is not allowed, and criticizing others, including Mods is not allowed.
Your views would be given more credence if they were presented in a more civil manner.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area