U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,084 times

Advertisements

What areas of Cape Coral would you not recommed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,737,229 times
Northeast not nice. The rest is A-OK!! SW is the best in my opinion. I live on Pelican Blvd, great area.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:41 AM

25,449 posts, read 10,621,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun dreamer View Post
What areas of Cape Coral would you not recommed?
I would NOT recommend Northeast. Northwest seems to be OK. The South parts of the Cape are the best in my opinion. I would go for SE, but SW is just as good.

Luck to you!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:04 PM

66 posts, read 195,354 times
Good for you NancyF! Glad to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyf View Post
It is a repo that we will live in so doing our part to clear the market of them.
We almost bought in Fort Myers but I think this will be much better. Really nice homes around us.
We should be there in a couple months!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:10 PM

66 posts, read 195,354 times
SunCoast Guy- with all due respect, NW doesn't seem to have much crime except for an occasional speeder. My husband and his parents are here all day and in three months they have not seen a single crime. So, my assessment is that is fine up here. From what I hear the Cape overall is pretty nice, but the duplexes and apartments seem run down, but they are more in south Cape along Trafalgar and Skyline. Overall pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Are you kidding me with this? SE and SW would be the part of Cape Coral that DOESN'T have much crime. NE- yes, NW- maybe not as much.

I agree.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:00 AM

25,449 posts, read 10,621,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingCapeCoral View Post
SunCoast Guy- with all due respect, NW doesn't seem to have much crime except for an occasional speeder. My husband and his parents are here all day and in three months they have not seen a single crime. So, my assessment is that is fine up here. From what I hear the Cape overall is pretty nice, but the duplexes and apartments seem run down, but they are more in south Cape along Trafalgar and Skyline. Overall pretty nice.
Yes, I would agree. Back a few years ago, the North in general was a place where you wouldn't want to step in. NE still seems that way, but NW seems to have gotten better. I'm glad to see that Cape Coral is still the nice place it always has been.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:26 AM

7 posts, read 21,191 times
interesting reponses... I have been looking in Bonita Springs down to Naples.. and am finding a substantial price difference between Cape and these areas... we are looking for a winter home.. and couple of questions... in the Cape: how far to a beach.../ fishing ... are there any subdivisions with community activities on site.. thx for your help

Old 10-05-2008, 03:32 PM

267 posts, read 728,570 times
It's hard to make a blanket statement about any place in the Cape. There are parts of NE Cape that are just fine. And basically, everyone in Cape Coral is now within close distance to restaurants and shopping. I'm currently living in NW Cape. The thing I like about it is that we are a bit more secluded, which is nice for our boys playing around the neighborhood. Don't have to worry so much about traffic. Out here we are on a well, not city water. So if you do that, you'll have to worry about getting water softner pretty regularly, and you'll definitely want to purchase an RO system for drinking water and your ice maker. But you get used to it really quick.

Most of the new houses are out here too. Keep in mind that newer houses have better insulation and the latest energy saving appliances. Last year I moved from a 2 bedroom apartment that's been around a while, to a 3 bedroom house only 4 years old. Our average electric bill dropped at least 50%.

Other than that, it's stinking hot most of the year and like many of us, you'll be dreaming of a getaway in the Blue Ridge Mountains everyday between June 1st and November 1st.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 AM

46 posts, read 213,233 times
Default Diff between water softener and RO system

Jello, husband and I are new to this well business. We have always had city water but are heading over to the Cape to househunt this week.

What is the difference between a water softener (which we have) and a reverse osmosis system? Why would you need both?

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:27 PM

267 posts, read 728,570 times
Unfortunately, I'm not an expert on it. What I can tell you is that all houses out here have the well pump/water softener system. It will be located outside of your house, and will have a giant tank of water, and something that looks like a trashcan (mine actually is a trashcan). The water runs from the well, through the trashcan which holds the softener (salt pellets), into the tank for use in the house.

From what I gather, the salt removes many hard metals from the water, but leaves much to be desired for drinking (as in, it has taste )

A reverse osmosis system is usually located under the sink in the kitchen, and can have 2, 3, or more types of filters, which remove all remaining particulate matter and unwanted metals or whatever the heck might be left in the water. These filters usually need to be changed every 3-6 months. You can do it yourself, and the filters can cost around 40 dollars.

The upside, is that your drinking water is at least as good as any bottled water you might purchase, and you'll have clean tasteless water for your ice maker.

I'm in a rental, so I don't know the actual cost of the units, but if you are going to buy a house out here, the cost is more than worth it. I no longer purchase bottled water, where as I used to spend probably hundreds a month on water when I was on city water. I can now 'taste' city water. My water is fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area