Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 7,772 times

Advertisements

I am a widowed 50 yr old woman, considering moving to Cape coral from Houston ,Tx. Just wondering , what is the single life for women in my age group in Cape coral. How do I meet friends and men in my age group. Is their a high percentage of males 50- 55 age group in Cape Coral. Where do I go, when I am down there. Also, I love riding my bicycle. Do you have shaded scenic bicycle trails in SW Cape Coral(if none in SW cape Coral,where in Cape Coral) and is it safe to ride on the streets of SW Cape Coral.(safe as in not getting hit by cars or attacked) Also looking for a bicycle club in my age goup. Does this exist.

Help!!!! Lots of questions.

Lindy2525
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 06:29 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Dear Lindy,

First, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for your loss.
I cannot be too much help to you here, but I would suggest doing the things you like to do, and then you will find others who share the same interests.

Like, if you enjoy reading, go to libraries, book clubs, book stores, etc.

Take a night class at the local college.....great people there.

You like biking....check out some bike stores and inquire there.

Many times churches have singles groups that are a lot of fun. IMHO, you will find a better caliber guy in a church then a bar, but that is just my opinion.

good luck with your move.....

Frank D.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:23 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
I agree with Frank, but just to add my observations.

The SW Cape, like all the rest of it, has a decided lack of mature trees as a part of the landscaping here. Natural shade is something that is difficult to find in any abundance here.
I think being careful with auto traffic would be your bigger concern rather than any crime concerns, but you gotta be careful anywhere.
That being said, I do routinely notice plenty of cycling in the area. And particularly on weekend mornings I see groups cycling together, so I assume, there is at least one, maybe more organized clubs in the area.
On Del Prado Blvd. there is a large cycling shop, called Paradise Bicycles(link below) that seems to be the local Mecca of the cycling community. You might start there for the local skinny on the cycling scene. Good Luck!

http://paradisebicycles.net

Last edited by Compression; 09-06-2008 at 09:31 AM..

Old 09-13-2008, 05:26 AM

18 posts, read 98,630 times
I would love to live in Houston. Hope you did okay in IKE. I was single 50 when I moved here. Unless you go to church be careful here about meeting singles. Remember that there are some real con guys out there. My neighbor thought she met (shes 63) Mr. Right. In fact, he lived with her for 4 years, but only in the winter months, because he claimed he HAD a business, he had to work up north in the summer. She just found out that he WAS MARRIED and his real BRIDE lived in KY. He was just using her for a place to stay when he came down with his elderly 93 year old mother for 4 months out of the year. Talk about having your cake and eating it too! I hear similiar stories from other friends. Remember, SWFL is a mecca for cons that want to "escape" their "situation" from all over the world here.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:11 AM

66 posts, read 216,515 times
Sorry for your loss. We just moved here and love Cape Coral so far. There is not a lot of shade, but I do see a lot of cycling in the area. There is a group that rides up by me in NW Cape Coral, and there is one that meets at Matlacta (pronouned Matt La-shay) on Pine Island (near mid-Cape). Pine Island has more large trees so shade may be better there - but bring your bug spray. I love it here, and there are single men. I met a woman yesterday who divorced in her fifties and remarried down here. There is potential, but as some of these posts indictate be careful - even my friends in Ohio stumble across secretly married men - and dump them promptly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area