U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2010, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Meredith NH
1,563 posts, read 2,391,183 times
Reputation: 2866

Advertisements

Can't imagine anyone staring in this day and age.Seems like there is a good demand for a specialist in black styling.....If I had a shop,I'd be calling you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Lehigh Acres
1,777 posts, read 4,263,796 times
Reputation: 889
there's plenty of black salons up and down MLK blvd in dunbar as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2010, 05:17 PM
 
12 posts, read 35,144 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Can't imagine anyone staring in this day and age.Seems like there is a good demand for a specialist in black styling.....If I had a shop,I'd be calling you.
Thanks Samiamnh...but you'd be surprised..I'm still looking in the meantime I'm thinking of looking into getting licensure to do mobile styling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2010, 05:20 PM
 
12 posts, read 35,144 times
Reputation: 12
I have had a few people call though. I respond to people who leave messages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 PM
 
Location: on the edge of Sanity
14,267 posts, read 16,433,835 times
Reputation: 7917
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhairstylist1 View Post
I have had a few people call though. I respond to people who leave messages.
Is there any way to find a local charitable organization that will allow you to represent it? What I mean is, you can have a hair cut marathon and pledge to donate a percentage of your day's profits to that cause. You don't need to discriminate, but you can always market your services so it's apparent you specialize in styles for people of color. You can also partner with a charity to target a niche market, i.e, if there is a Sickle Cell Association in Lee or Collier County.

By the way, there is nothing hypocritical or immoral about this type of marketing. All you are doing is promoting your business at the same time you are making a difference in your community.

Just a thought that crossed my shrinking brain. I realize this thread began in 2008, but I noticed some recent comments.

Last edited by justNancy; 09-15-2010 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: fix typos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2010, 09:58 PM
 
12 posts, read 35,144 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Is there any way to find a local charitable organization that will allow you to represent it? What I mean is, you can have a hair cut marathon and pledge to donate a percentage of your day's profits to that cause. You don't need to discriminate, but you can always market your services so it's apparent you specialize in styles for people of color. You can also partner with a charity to target a niche market, i.e, if there is a Sickle Cell Association in Lee or Collier County.

By the way, there is nothing hypocritical or immoral about this type of marketing. All you are doing is promoting your business at the same time you are making a difference in your community.

Just a thought that crossed my shrinking brain. I realize this thread began in 2008, but I noticed some recent comments.
justNancy you are a SMART COOKIE! I would love to do something like that, just thought of it as out of my league! Thank you for your post!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Meredith NH
1,563 posts, read 2,391,183 times
Reputation: 2866
I'm responding to Justnancy's post about partnering up with a charity........I have done that up north in my restaurant and there is nothing wrong with it......we pick a charity and give a portion of our sales......we don't make a ton of money but covers costs,gets your name out there and helps a worthy charity.The crew,customers and locals all get behind it...it is win for everyone.
Why not do an event ...cuts,styles,even a free chair massage on a weekday night....call you local media and get them behind it.....all for a good cause and you have a right to make a few bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2010, 06:40 PM
 
12 posts, read 35,144 times
Reputation: 12
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 10:21 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,469 times
Reputation: 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 AM
 
12 posts, read 35,144 times
Reputation: 12
Go to Adrianne at Spada - 239-482-1858. I went to her myself and she did an excellent job! If you can't get in for an appointment she can be reached at 239-645-6988 and will come in early. Try her out because I'm a stylist and I thought she was great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top