U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 AM

36 posts, read 180,734 times

Advertisements

Another troll victicrat, whose indignation at such a question by a white American considering relocation to Flint MI. or Atlanta GA. would be immeasurable

Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 AM

4,678 posts, read 8,741,221 times
JennySquirrel, I have one question...

Our national debt ran out of numbers on the ticker...

How, As a nation... Do we manage to get out of debt by cutting taxes ?

What this country needs is to take care of our own country and stop giving handouts to poor countries. We need to stop sending food and clothing to poor countries and distribute that to OUR poor and needy. We're the " richest " country in the world and we millions if not billions of homeless.

We have healthcare that's so expensive, only the rich can afford it, We have poor education and underpaid teachers, We have underpaid police, fire, and other civil servants. IMHO, I don't see how we fix these problems by lowering taxes.

Oh, and btw, Thanks for the advice. She is going for her BSN now and plans to get an MBA down the road.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 PM

1,594 posts, read 4,931,389 times
One and only warning to get this thread back on track or it will be closed. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:43 PM

66 posts, read 195,404 times
Default Racism

Ok, there is a difference between politics and racism. Our sheriff got involved in a political rally, and by the way it is seriuosly republican down here. I am registered as an independent and as an independent thinker I view his statements as trying to whip up republican frenzy. Stupid, republican, but probably not racism. It is Obama's middle name, and he used it to inflame and whip up anti-muslim bias in the older conservative folks. We know Obama is not muslim, this tactic was wrong, and if you have been watching political pundits on CNN, MSNBC, etc. you would see that this is a tactic they have been using for months. So, in a nutshell I do not think Lee County is racist. Political yes, racist no.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:08 PM

15,872 posts, read 32,943,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Yesterday when Barney Frank said they needed to jack the taxes way up and do more spending, I wanted to scream. The only additional money I am willing to give Barney and his band of goons is money for teeth. I will offer to buy him dentures so he can talk without sounding like he has his mouth full of sausages :X
Hilarious!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 AM

2,903 posts, read 11,230,676 times
This thread and the topic is getting old, and off topic.
I think it has run it's course, and is now closed......

Enjoy the forum!

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area