Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:21 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley.08 View Post
I am wanting to move to Cape Coral. I am an R.N., does anyone know if there are many or any jobs in the nursing field near C.C.? KDW
Check out this recent thread from this site:
//www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...ort-myers.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 03:00 PM

27 posts, read 65,552 times
Probably too late to pick up on this thread but i;ll try anyway. Anyone know the palmetto pines golf sub all/any info greatly appreciated

Old 11-19-2010, 03:02 PM

27 posts, read 65,552 times
[p.s that. Palmetto Pines 33991 Cape Coral

Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
bob: start a new thread.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,775 times
what are the prices of condos there? Thinking of a Winter get-a-way from the harsh NE Pa. Winters.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,101 times
As a long time visitor and recently seasonal resident to the Ft. Myers area we decided to make the jump and become residents of SW Florida. The real estate market is rebounding quickly. I traveled to the area alone (without my husband) and spent many days and evenings cruising Ft. Myers, and Cape Coral. As with any area you decide to move to- KNOW THE AREA! Due to the still slightly soft market in the Cape we decided to buy in a great SE Cape area with direct gulf access (via the river). The crime rate is low, the schools rated very well (not this matters to us except for resale at some future date), and you can still get more for your money than anywhere else in this area. As for the job market- many new businesses are starting to come to the area (Hertz is moving it's corporate center to Ft. Myers bringing new jobs and 710 relocated employees by Jan 2014) and many restaurants are opening everywhere. In short, if you are looking to buy the Florida lifestyle - Now is the time, and Cape Coral is an excellent place- just as with any relocation- do your homework!

Old 05-24-2013, 11:34 AM

47 posts, read 147,101 times
This thread has gotten really deep! But, being a fan and occasional critic of this area I wanted to put in my .02c. I moved here 7 years ago for my first job after getting my Masters. I purchased a foreclosure home 2 years ago. The contract I was working under expired, and I was not able to find a job in my field locally (urban planning) so I picked up a Real Estate license. I've since been working as a Realtor and occasionally answering questions on here (no sales resulting from this site yet, but that'll change one day).
Cape Coral is a young city. It's like a young adult, still immature, still creating itself, growing and filling out. Provided we experience no major catastrophes, Cape Coral is pre-platted (subdivided) to accommodate somewhere around 400k residents. It nears a point where it must decide whether to remain a bedroom community to fort myers, or to begin creating an identity of its own. It lacks a university, major industry, major shopping center, major beach, major airport. All of these are generally found in Fort Myers and Estero (slightly further south), as are most cultural opportunities. To its credit, Cape Coral (CC) has an excellent parks system, great eco-tourism and possibly the best water access available, and as I understand, pretty nice schools. It's also safe baring one or two isolated areas, and while they are transient in nature, they're not the slums that many think of when we consider low income areas, however crime is a bit higher in these pockets. CC is investing in widening Pine Island Road (newer, major commercial arterial) westward. This project will result in additional significant retail development in the western portion of the city. CC is continuing the utility expansion project and significant assessments will be made on homes affected. Reinvestment and tear downs will be more common in established gulf direct access neighborhoods. A new VA clinic opened towards the NE that will create some spin off business opportunities near Corbett Rd and Pine Island Rd. Our economy is largely driven by real estate and construction (both rising), however there are also great opportunities here for those in medical and health fields and service industries. Our big draw SHOULD be business owners that can work anywhere, if you run your business via mail, or T-1, message me. Lets face it, we have a lot of retirees that will continue to come to Florida for 1) Sun 2) Water 3) Weather and 4) Taxes. I would argue we have a 5) currently which would be home affordability (for now). Bobdun kindly see your mailbox, I live on that golf course (bought via foreclosure). Thanks for reading. -PCW (Planner and Realtor for hire).

Old 05-24-2013, 07:00 PM

146 posts, read 375,391 times
Excellent evaluation!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,028 times
We are originally from south Florida and moved 13 years ago to the west coast (N) We are seriously thinking about moving back south but staying on the west coast. We are looking for a water front condo. Any recommendations, sw,se, ect?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,028 times
We are originally from south Florida and moved 13 years ago to the west coast (N) We are seriously thinking about moving back south but staying on the west coast. We are looking for a water front condo. Any recommendations, sw,se, ect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area