Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:35 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
They should also check out all of the posts of the people who have moved to Florida and LOVE IT!!! Mr.Cool
Well... she did love it here. At least she said she did. Question is, was it a smart move at this time in her life???
Apparently it wasn't! Probably cost her a lot of money that she didn't have. I hope your proud of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Well... she did love it here. At least she said she did. Question is, was it a smart move at this time in her life???
Apparently it wasn't! Probably cost her a lot of money that she didn't have. I hope your proud of yourself.
Are you KIDDING me??? NOW you're accusing me of making a stranger I have never met move for Florida??? WHAT???
Have you lost your mind? (Or is that a rhetorical question?)

Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon mon the pipers son View Post
Hey, good Sunday morning to you in SW Florida. I am still waiting to get down there to live in our now empty beautiful home. I was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with Stage IIIC fallopian tube cancer. Had operation at Mayo to take tumor out, now recovering from surgery and awaiting start of chemo on October 20th, which goes for 4 months. Looking to come down between trx. Letting any woman know, if you have terrible back pain for longer than couple weeks, go to doctor and get Ultrasound or MRI to see what is causing it. Anyway, my husband bought new used harley, green with flames and Chrome, yummy! I guess I will look pretty cool as a little bald formerly blonde 50 yr old babe on the back of it. Or better yet, look for me walking the Fort Myers Beach soon. Putting my faith in in the Lord this too will pass and I will be a survivor of cancer. love you SW Florida.
Hope the treatments went well.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,788,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Thanks, Tommy. I haven't been on all day.

When people come on here and keep saying that, no matter what, it will be better in Florida, and they don't seem to have much of a plan, we try to warn them.

It didn't work out for her and I think it needs to be said.

There are an awful lot of desperate people around the country, right now. Just because a place is called "The Sunshine State" it doesn't mean your entire life will suddenly be sunny by moving there.

The good news in Rainbow Girl's story was that she got out very, very quickly. That rarely happens, especially if there is a personal financial collapse. I think she was smart to move quickly before things became worse.

I find it telling that this girl that was so DESPERATE to move to Florida will not even go back to get her things.

That's too bad. She was, for a brief time, one of the success stories here.

Thanks also for the update on CJ the accountant. I had wondered what had happened to all those job offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area