Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:13 PM

41 posts, read 147,849 times

Advertisements

Fort Myers has considerable more crime than Cape Coral. Most of the crime involves people involved with drugs. They like to kill each other. If you live in a decent neighborhood and don't hang out with drug addicts or drug dealer's your unlikely to be in danger. In every section of the cities people do have break in's so don't look for a house hidden in shrubs or fences that hide your house from the street. The area's most famous recent crime with Fred Cooper took place in one of the nicest gated community's Fort Myer's has to offer. I was at the Library Friday and a man knocked down a old lady for her purse and injured her and the library patrons surrounded him and held him there while they called the police. There just isn't any crime free area you just have to watch your surroundings. That place you are looking at to move is very pretty. I would love to live there myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,270,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubiju View Post
Kroeran, thank you for your input. We are looking forward purchasing a casita at Paseo. I couldn't find any feedback about this community , but yours Thank you for your lenghty and thoughtful insight!
We've searched most of the Laguna Lakes(gladiolus/summerlin) area for about 6 months and couldn't find a single condo that would make us feel right about the purchase. Once we saw Paseo we knew this is going to be the place!
I would like to know your thoughts on casitas vs townhomes(quad), is there any not so obvious disadvantages in either, I should be aware of? Thank you!
The pros for the Casitas are the "outdoor rooms" and windows on all outside walls. Towns can be dark with no windows on 2 sides, if you are not on an end unit. Some of the towns by the corners only have windows on one side, which is small issue that we are dealing with.

I think a key decision is your pool life and if you want to have a quad pool in the backyard. I Know the previous casitas dont have access to quad pools, but they may have changed that rule for the new build going in...not sure. The closer you are to the town center, the less important that will be.

We deifinitely dont think the single family homes are as special as the towns and casitas, at least from the outside, and especially from the rear view which you have to look at from some views.

Driving down to Syracuse this Wednesday to catch a cheap jetblue morning flight into Orlando, then drive down for a long weekend.

Cheap flights out of Buffalo/Rochester/Burlington Airtran as well .

cheap car rental is alamo through the westjet website, but there are some european companies that have even better rates, but you have to be careful with the rules regarding residency...and how much they will let you actually bend the rule after they tell you the rule

If you just need a vehicle to sit in the garage and go to Publix every few days, you could rent a UHaul half ton for $20 per day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area