Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 03:00 PM

136 posts, read 417,872 times

Advertisements

Have a question, PA is all state regulated, we have to go to a distributor to get beer, & a state store to get liquor or wine. What are the laws in FLA??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 03:27 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawr View Post
Have a question, PA is all state regulated, we have to go to a distributor to get beer, & a state store to get liquor or wine. What are the laws in FLA??
Laws in FL? What laws? LOL you can walk into a 7-11 and get whatever you need! The days of having to go to a "beer distributor" and being forced to buy a case of beer will be over when you move to FL! Everything in that regard is different and much easier. Does this mean it'll be time for margaritas and martini's if we all move down? LOL

Old 03-29-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Laws in FL? What laws? LOL you can walk into a 7-11 and get whatever you need! The days of having to go to a "beer distributor" and being forced to buy a case of beer will be over when you move to FL! Everything in that regard is different and much easier. Does this mean it'll be time for margaritas and martini's if we all move down? LOL
Definitely, I know when visiting my parents before they passed in DC area, same. Just go in a 7-11 or the grocery store & grab what you need. Good to know. TY

Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,787,713 times
I am also from PA, from a dry town no less. I moved to FL when I was 19 to attend school. The law was 19 for beer and wine then. I could not believe it when I walked into the on campus school store and saw they sold beer and wine! They actually sold beer and wine in the supermarket and 7-11! I don't drink either but it was a culture shock. Sort of like the forbidden fruit everywhere-and not forbidden.

You will also notice there is competition. You don't have that in PA.

In FL apparently liquor sales are restricted to a separate store that sells nothing else. Usually these are little stores directly attached, but with a different entrance to Walgreens or Sweet Bay or whomever.

Don't know why.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 PM

Yupper, were here now & got a 12 pk & bottle of wine at the 7-11....having no issues, lol

Old 07-27-2009, 05:47 AM

1 posts, read 13,952 times
Thanks to the religious majority in many counties in Fl and other states stores do not sell any beer wine or alcohol on Sunday before noon, or 1pm, and in some cases not at all. I believe I know why. if you are planning a boating trip on Sunday you will need your beverages in advance, Since most boaters leave early. If you have a party and whittle the beer supply too low this will force you to go out Saturday night to get the beverages. This Is the brilliant part! you will probably have been drinking and therefore are more likely to get a ticket for dui or some other traffic offense that will generate income (thousands of dollars) for the state and local economy! Just imagine how many people rush out to the store drunk at 1:55 am (which is technically Sunday). If it were available at 7am Sunday morning just like every other weekday we would see many less drunk driving incidences and injuries. The religious folks don’t want to have liquor available on Sunday because they supply it with crackers at many of their services. if you are hard up for a drink they think you will go to the church, drop a few bucks in the collection plate, and enjoy some wine and crackers while they preach what ever it is they are preaching about. I believe that anyone should be able to get beer or wine at any hour people just don’t work 9-5 like leave it to Beaver! Society is changing and so should our laws! If the religious people wont let us buy beer on Sunday morning they should not be able to serve wine at the church until after noon, or one, or not at all as the law implies Then we will see how long the Sunday prohibition blue laws last!

Old 07-29-2009, 06:18 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,467 times
check out Total Wine at trail and daniels - liquor store the size of a football field

Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Laws in FL? What laws? LOL you can walk into a 7-11 and get whatever you need!
What 7-Eleven sells vodka or other hard liquor? I'm curious. I've seen beer, wine coolers and wine, but never anything like Smirnoff vodka or Gordon's gin. Walgreen's often has good sales, but I never buy the expensive stuff anyway.

All jokes aside, I found some really good wine at Wal-Mart. (I realize "good" is relative) $2.99 a bottle, Oak Leaf

I moved here from NH, so I was really surprised to see wine & beer in the supermarkets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area