Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:18 PM

4 posts, read 11,733 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]My wife and I are going down to Cape Coral/Ft. Myers area this weekend to scout a few neighborhoods. We are looking for suggestions for local restaurants. We are looking for something casual, maybe on the water, and of course great food. We are also looking for a cool little sports bar or something any suggestions would be great. It really doesn't matter where; we will be all over CC and FM. Is there any type of “down town” area like “Las Olas” or “Riverwalk” in Ft. Lauderdale? Where do the locals go for entertainment? [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,052 times
look up Rumrunners, it's on the water in southern cape coral. Nice beachy restaurant/bar.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:28 PM

Locals go to the Gulfcoast town center, or Coconut point Mall in Estero. Downtown Ft Myers closes down after 5 pm. Clubs are closing weekly there.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 PM

Watch out for cheap houses in vacant area's. Lehigh acres, Parts of Cape Coral.... lots of crime and breakins.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:48 AM

4 posts, read 11,733 times
Thank you for the suggestions. We are definately staying away from lehigh acres. We are targeting SE & SW CC. We are also loking at FM but will have a better idea once we get down there. Thanks again for the help. Are there any zip codes in FM to avoid?

Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,007 times
Yes the Rumrunners restaurant is right on a water way it is in Cape Coral Fl also downtown South Cape area has my favorite Italian restaurant called Maria's restaurant & pizza both are in the newest phone book

Old 06-27-2009, 04:06 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,206 times
also consider a short strip of patio restaurants right at the FM beach pier, Parrot Key on San Carlos, and if you are up for a short drive, the sports bar at the end of fisherman's wharf at punta gorda, stilts waterfront at Marco Island, bubble room at Captiva, 5th avenue Naples, docs beach house bonita, turtle club naples....

for neighourhoods, check out Paseo, take Daniels north just short of interstate, left on Palimino, left on Penzance

Last edited by kroeran; 06-27-2009 at 04:19 PM..

Old 06-27-2009, 09:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8data1 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. We are definately staying away from lehigh acres. We are targeting SE & SW CC. We are also loking at FM but will have a better idea once we get down there. Thanks again for the help. Are there any zip codes in FM to avoid?
It's difficult to answer this without offending some people. However, since you asked, I would avoid East Fort Myers and Tice. I don't care for North Fort Myers much either, although there are some nice communities there. South Fort Myers is the nicest part of Fort Myers IMO. It all depends on your price range and personal preferences.

So many places have closed that it's difficult to suggest anything. If you want waterfront, I like the Lighthouse Restaurant in Fort Myers. I'm not so sure I'd call it casual, however. Sorry, it's been a while, but maybe someone else can tell you if this is still a nice place. I only mentioned it because of the pretty view & nice atmosphere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
look up Rumrunners, it's on the water in southern cape coral. Nice beachy restaurant/bar.
Took me a while, but now I remember this place. It's in Cape Harbour, right? Yes, I agree this is a nice place to go.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-27-2009 at 09:16 PM..

Old 06-27-2009, 09:29 PM

220 posts, read 745,205 times
Also in Cape Harbor, try "The Joint" there is an outside Tiki Hut overlooking the inside of the marina, or they have inside dining. Nice shops to stroll about. Check out Pisano's Italian market, nice little indoor place for lunch, great menu. Thirsty's is also a few blocks away. We love Red's, heading toward Bokelia. Not on the water, but food is excellent, may be pricey depending on your tastebuds. Huge Menu. Moretti's in Matlacha, outside deck and of course the famous Bert's, don't know why, I could never get a place to park, LOL... Have fun and Good Luck

Old 06-27-2009, 09:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Can anyone here recommend Sandy Hook to str8data1? As I said before, it's been a while since I dined out. It's in Matlacha and has a nice atmosphere - right on the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area