Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,334 times

Advertisements

Help! I need to find comparable sales for the past year on Cutlass Drive in Fort Myers Beach, Rebecca Circle in Fort Myers Beach, THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 10:37 AM

15 posts, read 65,102 times
looks like $200-250/sf and up- go to Zillow.com or Trulia.com and punch in an address, they usually show past sales, only three sales show in in the past six months on Cutlass , not much to go on. The $400K+ homes haven't been dropping as fast, they say. These owners are waiting it out-

Old 07-14-2009, 01:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,832,424 times
Are you buying a house through a real estate company? Usually the agent does that for you. I realize that looking at past sales and current listings in an area is a good way to get a general idea of the current market value, but you can't simply go by the size of the house/lot. After all, one house might have a brand new roof, new HVAC and wood flooring, while the one next door hasn't been renovated or updated in over 20 years. Some repairs are minor, but others can cost thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkhanobi View Post
looks like $200-250/sf and up- go to Zillow.com or Trulia.com and punch in an address, they usually show past sales, only three sales show in in the past six months on Cutlass , not much to go on. The $400K+ homes haven't been dropping as fast, they say. These owners are waiting it out-
$200K is next to impossible to find on FMB, especially on a street with Gulf access. Maybe I misread your post. There's a house on Cutlass currently listed for over $1.4 million. Average home in that general vacinity is $500K to $600K. BTW whether or not owners are waiting to sell, the current values have definitely been dropping. A year ago they were about 20% higher.

However, as another member wrote not long ago, it doesn't matter what a house cost 2 years ago or 6 months ago. It only matters what you can buy it for now. Don't want to go off-topic, but many years ago I sold new & used cars (don't hold that against me. lol) A prospect would say "but Kelly Blue Book said ...." or "I read that my car is worth...." I'm not very aggressive or pushy, and I try to be as honest as possible, but nobody wanted to hear that his trade-in was worth bubkas. So an owner might feel "my house is worth $750K" but it's only worth that much to him. On the other hand, a buyer might feel "I can get a house for $250K" and get confirmation on a web site, from a newspaper article, etc., but if there are no houses for that price available, it means very little.

Well, now that I've gone off on a tangent, I agree with your suggestion to look up comps on Zillow. The "zestimates" are pretty good, although general, since Zillow has no idea if the owners just spend $20,000 on new kitchen cabinets last month or installed a new bathroom. If I'm wrong, I don't mind being corrected, since I'm not in the real estate business. Just posting from experience. When looking up public records in Lee County, I've used:
[URL]http://www.leepa.org/[/URL]
You can use the Database Search to find real estate transactions for the properties in the area in which you are buying.

Last edited by justNancy; 07-14-2009 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: fix typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area