Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:45 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Look baby, this is the only link you need. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

http://http://www.bls.gov/news.release/metro.t01.htm (broken link)

Oh. Wait a minute. You don't actually live in swFlorida. Have NEVER lived in swFlorida. You don't plan to work in swFlorida.

I'm starting to think you're looking to drum up sales so that you can get some appreciation on that house. When are you actually going to be moving to FL?
First let me say that I do think YOU give some good advice on this forum that said, your link dosen't work, but that's ok I see it's a government link, um ya, like we should beleive evrything the government tells us But to be nice and answer your questions.

No. I don't live in Florida, but then again neither do you

I might plan on doing some work in Florida, I don't know yet, but I'm not moving there with a need to work, only if I want to, I may start a small biz out of the home? IDK lots of things I could do.

Not looking to drum up any sales, it looks like they are already rising according to the "sales" experts on this forum, I would say my property has already appreciated (I don't have a house on it yet)

When are we moving to Florida? I wish we were there NOW! But my wife and I sold our biz and hold a second motrgage on it, so we won't get our lump sum $$$$ for a couple of years yet

Oh, and I'm not a baby, I'm 53 years old, even my wife dosen't even call me that, so Thank you

Old 08-18-2009, 03:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
First let me say that I do think YOU give some good advice on this forum that said, your link dosen't work, but that's ok I see it's a government link, um ya, like we should beleive evrything the government tells us But to be nice and answer your questions.

Wow. It's a miracle. It's the first time you've played nice.

Well, you believe your info when it is in your favor and not mine when it doesn't work for you. Wishing doesn't make it so.

Here's the link, again. I must have copied it incorrectly.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/metro.t01.htm

No. I don't live in Florida, but then again neither do you

Here's another way you twist things. You know darn well that I lived there for ten years and my husband did for 25. It's becoming a game, but people's lives and children are on the line and you just don't care do you?

You've never lived in Florida. Period.

I might plan on doing some work in Florida, I don't know yet, but I'm not moving there with a need to work, only if I want to, I may start a small biz out of the home? IDK lots of things I could do.

Not looking to drum up any sales, it looks like they are already rising according to the "sales" experts on this forum, I would say my property has already appreciated (I don't have a house on it yet)

You have got to be kidding me. You only own land? All this fuss over land?

When are we moving to Florida? I wish we were there NOW! But my wife and I sold our biz and hold a second motrgage on it, so we won't get our lump sum $$$$ for a couple of years yet

Oh, and I'm not a baby, I'm 53 years old, even my wife dosen't even call me that, so Thank you
Clearly, you are worried about your purchase or you would be sitting back gazing at pics of your property. I have no idea why you are upset.

You're encouraging people to move to the area and it is very, very cruel.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 PM

Upset? Why do you say I'm upset? I'm happy as can be! I have a great lot in Port Charlotte on a canal just down from some million dollar homes, and I am looking forward to moving down there as soon as I can!
I have met some great people who already live there, and our good friends the jveltes from Michigan are moving the end of this year, and we can't wait to join them! I don't know why you think I'm upset. That is very puzzling.
And, btw, we do sit back and look at pictures of our property daily, they are on our screen saver, AND mrs.cool has them tacked up on the wall of her cubicle at work so she can look at them and remind herself why it is she is still going to work everyday. (BTW her co-workers are jealous.)

Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM

Oh, and people who have to live in Michigan, North or South Dakota, South Carolina, Montana, Mississippi, parts of New York, New Jersey, Maine, California, Illinois, Alabama and many many other areas of the U.S.A that the economy has hit hard. That's CRUEL

Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
If you are not upset, then what are you doing?

Are you just toying with people? Is it entertaining to give them the wrong information so your property value can go up?

You constantly change the subject rather than discuss the unemployment rate, the ability for people to get jobs. Instead it's constant personal attacks on people that discuss the actuality of living in southwest Florida.

Why is that?

Quote:
Upset? Why do you say I'm upset? I'm happy as can be! I have a great lot in Port Charlotte on a canal just down from some million dollar homes, and I am looking forward to moving down there as soon as I can!
I have met some great people who already live there, and our good friends the jveltes from Michigan are moving the end of this year, and we can't wait to join them! I don't know why you think I'm upset. That is very puzzling.
And, btw, we do sit back and look at pictures of our property daily, they are on our screen saver, AND mrs.cool has them tacked up on the wall of her cubicle at work so she can look at them and remind herself why it is she is still going to work everyday. (BTW her co-workers are jealous.)

Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,508,743 times
H- you ever been to PC? It's got a year round flea market and a ferris wheel next to WalMart. A few heroin busts here & there. A C rated high school.
$150k homes next to $900k homes...yep, that about explains it all And for those who have lived there, they understand that comment.

The topic is constantly changed b/c that poster has NOTHING to bring to the debate. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Not a clue.

As for the overconfidence, there seems to be a little bit of overdefensiveness...as if, hmmm, we are causing some concern in an otherwise laid out plan by a realtor who sold some land to people who don't even live there & are hearing things they refuse to believe b/c deep down, they know some of it....it's true.

I'm just glad that my life doesn't revolve around looking at a piece of grass to bring happiness. That's concerning.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
H- you ever been to PC? It's got a year round flea market and a ferris wheel next to WalMart. A few heroin busts here & there. A C rated high school.
$150k homes next to $900k homes...yep, that about explains it all And for those who have lived there, they understand that comment.

The topic is constantly changed b/c that poster has NOTHING to bring to the debate. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Not a clue.

As for the overconfidence, there seems to be a little bit of overdefensiveness...as if, hmmm, we are causing some concern in an otherwise laid out plan by a realtor who sold some land to people who don't even live there & are hearing things they refuse to believe b/c deep down, they know some of it....it's true.

I'm just glad that my life doesn't revolve around looking at a piece of grass to bring happiness. That's concerning.

Wow! Bam!!! Good post 121...... We have many dreamers here on CD I see now.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Are you just toying with people? Is it entertaining to give them the wrong information so your property value can go up?

You constantly change the subject rather than discuss the unemployment rate, the ability for people to get jobs. Instead it's constant personal attacks on people that discuss the actuality of living in southwest Florida.

Why is that?
Because people who don't actually live here as I do, and you have, seem to have all the answers, we know nothing about what we speak. PC meaning Port Charlotte? Ya there is a growing area.......

Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:

Why is that?
You still haven't answered the question of why you think I'm "upset"?
And where did I personally attack someone on this post? And why would I want my property value to go up, I'm not SELLING it, I'm LIVING on it!!??
All you've done here is repeat yourself. The OP and her bf HAVE JOBS! As you keep remind us, WE don't need jobs down there. So, why would there be a need to discuss the unemployment rate with them or us? Why do YOU feel the need to constantly bring it up? WHO'S changing the subject? I remain...puzzled.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
So your saying, nobody should believe Money Magazine, CNN, Forbes, Times, CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX or any Florida state publications or any polls, data, Chamber of Commerce or other Florida information forums..BUT the four or five negitive posters on THIS forum are GO TO people for everything SWFL Do you see why we all have trouble with your credibility???? Mr.Cool
Wow another one with the wool pulled over thier eyes, I'm so sorry dude. I feel for you.

Property decline in Southwest Florida is slowing | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/lo...isKnSgABg.cspx

http://video.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=10705522

Last edited by cmj_fla; 08-19-2009 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: copywrite issues posted links
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area