Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:51 AM

5 posts, read 40,622 times

Advertisements

I want to move back to FL, specifically the Naples/Ft. Myers area. Does anyone know of a good recruiting agency or recruiter? I've submitted my resume to a few places. I would like to avoid being eliminated on the basis of not being a local applicant.

Any info you can pass along will be greatly appreciated! Including good companies to work for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 07:43 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,752,255 times
What type of job?

Old 08-30-2009, 07:52 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,449,840 times
I've wanted to move as well, its difficult to get employment when you out of state.
Its equally as difficult to rent without employment.

Our winters are mild, but even at that , still lose 5 months of the year.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:50 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,692,679 times
Well, dont know anything about recruiters. I do know that even the most miniscule, part time, minimum wage job in SW Florida right now will garner, literally hundreds, if not thousands of applications in a couple of days time. Lee county unemployment is officially tagged at 13%, which, IMHO, means it's likely a few points above that.

There really arent any jobs to speak of available here. But again you havent mentioned what field the employment you're seeking is in. If it's a highly skilled position, there may be a slim chance that something is available. If it is the health care field, the chances will probably go up. Although I'm starting to hear even that field is begining to get a bit tight on hiring.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM

I have over 7 years experience as an HR Generalist; mainly supporting Latin America and Caribbean employees.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:54 PM

Agree Virgode, that is why I thought it might be beneficial to use a recruiter.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:57 PM

Hi Yachtcare, thanks for the feedback. I am not surprised by the statistics, but I definitely want to move, so I will keep pursuing it... perhaps I'll get lucky!

I have over 7 years of HR Generalist experience. Didn't see many postings.

Btw, I applied at Chico's FAS Inc. in Ft. Myers; non-HR positions. Possibility of having any contacts there?!

Old 08-30-2009, 03:06 PM

739 posts, read 1,841,794 times
What are some nice communities in Naples/Fort Meyers? We want to take a trip this spring to scout a future location. I never thought I'd want to live in Florida but don't want to spend four/five months of winter sitting in front of a fireplace here in southern Oregon. We're retired (yeah, I know, I know) and would like to spend under $300k. A long-term rental would most likely be the way for us to start out before deciding.

Where would you look if you were us? Be nice, please. :-D

Old 08-30-2009, 03:33 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,692,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
What are some nice communities in Naples/Fort Meyers? We're retired (yeah, I know, I know) and would like to spend under $300k. A long-term rental would most likely be the way for us to start out before deciding.
Not sure about Naples, but in Fort Myers/Cape Coral $300K will buy a lot of house these days.....

The Iona area out toward Sanibel Island is nice, but that's just my preference. I'm sure others will have some good suggestions for you, also.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:36 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,602,793 times
Default Did you apply online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY24 View Post
Hi Yachtcare, thanks for the feedback. I am not surprised by the statistics, but I definitely want to move, so I will keep pursuing it... perhaps I'll get lucky!

I have over 7 years of HR Generalist experience. Didn't see many postings.

Btw, I applied at Chico's FAS Inc. in Ft. Myers; non-HR positions. Possibility of having any contacts there?!
My daughter worked at Beall's (Loss Prevention). She applied to a lot of stores. Most had a hiring freeze on, e.g., Macy's. There were no full time openings at Beall's either, but apparently they liked her resume so much (top performer for Bloomingdale's in NE regions, busted someone wanted in FBI sting) that they offered her a floater position. She went to all stores in Naples and Ft. Myers.

I have said this before. She has a friend who is a regional HR Manager at Sears. They have a program which screens all online applications. They look for certan things in the program. Having a hook, like she did, will put these apps at the top of the list.

I don't know why in this high tech day and age anyone would need a recuiter. You can do it all yourself. A lot of companies ONLY take onlline resumes. Plus, many companies will list on their websites what jobs are available. Who doesn't have a website these days? It's free advertising for their company.

You don't need a headhunter. Let your fingers do the recruiting. If you have the experience to set you apart, they won't care if you are local or coming from Alaska, especially today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area