Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 PM

190 posts, read 465,661 times

Advertisements

Hello me and my girlfriend have recently considered moving to SW Florida.
We have two horses and wish to not have to let them go.

Are there any 2 acre plus lots outside of cape coral, naples or the fort meyer areas within 20 minutes of the water. Do people do much riding in this part of the country?

my girlfriend and I both have a solid upper middle class income. she is a CPA manager and I will be running a landscaping business. would we be able to afford such a property in sw florida if they exist and if they dont exist whats the best coastal area of florida for horse properties?

We are moving for the fishing and boating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 01:59 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,926,587 times
Check into Golden Gate Estates, I believe that much of the area is zoned ag.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:07 PM

56 posts, read 155,665 times
The acreage area is nice for horses, but that is Loxahatchee, in West Palm Beach

Old 08-29-2009, 02:27 PM

32 posts, read 133,601 times
Don't know if it's changed or not, but Buckingham used to be a horsey area of FTM. Also North Fort Myers has quite a few horse farms, and the Lee Co. Civic center and the rodeo grounds seem to have quite a few horse shows and comps.

Maybe Golden Gate is different, but in the FTM area it seems like the horse and ag centers are not the most desirable (although there are some beautiful properties as well). Bottom line, FTM is no Lexington, KY or Charlottesville, VA when it comes to horse farms.

Fort Myers Horse Boarding Farms. Boarding Stables in Fort Myers, Florida. Pasture and Stall Board in Lee County, FL.

The link concerns stables for rent, but it could give an indication of areas and quality of facilities.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:29 PM

32 posts, read 133,601 times
Davie, Florida (near Ft. Lauderdale) is a pretty big horse area that's close to the water.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:06 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,282,813 times
check out Palimino off Penzance off Daniels FM...there may be some houses with stables for sale

20 minutes to the beach

Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,107 times
Be sure to watch out for areas that do not have public utilities already present. There are some horror stories of how much the UEP in Cape coral is going to cost the larger parcels of land.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:26 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
And the landscaping business is over-staurated. Check out Craigslist to see people in the business begging for jobs.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:57 AM

917 posts, read 2,614,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
And the landscaping business is over-staurated. Check out Craigslist to see people in the business begging for jobs.
There is a "lawn service" that cuts the lot next to me as well as the next house over. They just left a few minutes ago. The "crew" consists of a mom on a riding mower, teenage boy with weedeater and mower, and a boy who looks to be around 12, who's posture reaching up to push the lawnmower handle has got to be doing damage to his back. They have been coming regularly since I moved here.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 AM

190 posts, read 465,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

The landscaping business is over saturated everywhere even when the economy is good. most The people on craigslist are just out of work people trying to make a quick buck that don't own commercial tractors and can't afford real advertising like mail outs or quarter page phone book ads. Most customers you want (over 65 and commercial accounts) don't find services on craigslist. Theres 16% unemployment in my neck of the woods and I get new counts every week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area