Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:07 PM

208 posts, read 612,260 times

Advertisements

WE GOT POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooo HAPPY!!!

We were at the house at 12:30 pm today and nobody was there. They came after 1:00pm.

The air-conditioner works beautifully! The water is just draining out of the house!

Now...those letters were already picked up by the mailman. Oh well.

Doing the dance!! Yeah! Yeah! Never so happy in my life to see a meter spin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Just don't let it spin too fast!

I am so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
WE GOT POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooo HAPPY!!!

We were at the house at 12:30 pm today and nobody was there. They came after 1:00pm.

The air-conditioner works beautifully! The water is just draining out of the house!

Now...those letters were already picked up by the mailman. Oh well.

Doing the dance!! Yeah! Yeah! Never so happy in my life to see a meter spin!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 PM

Everything is working! We are very happy.

My husband removed the hose going from the condensing unit on the air-conditioner, just so we could be certain that moisture was being removed from the house. Well, in 2 hours it filled a 5 gallon bucket, and 3 hours later another 2 1/2 gallons was collected. We also have the dehumidifier running, that had another 5 gallons total in 5 hours time. So just in 5 hours we removed 12 1/2 gallons of moisture from the air. The house is a blustery 78 degrees now.

All the lights and outlets work and my husband is so excited to have his garage door opener working too.

LOL! Just the simple pleasures making us very happy.

Now the work comes...replacing the damaged drywall and insulation, installing new tile, cabinets, ceiling fans, painting...lol!

So, so happy!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:38 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
Excellent!

All your letters will help the next person.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:01 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,624 times
enjoy your new house

Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 AM

519 posts, read 1,377,499 times
I have been reading your posts. So happy to hear u finally have power, what a rollercoaster you guys have been on. Best of luck with all your remodeling. Enjoy your new home.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:17 PM

Well...LCEC received my letters. I was contacted by some woman apologizing for everything. She of course tried explaining everything to me. I just cut her off. I thanked her for apologizing, and told her I hope their office does something to prevent this from ever happening again. She said they will. I told her I was just glad to have the electric on. We will fix the mold issues that started, on our own. I let her know, I was very disappointed at how I was treated. Again, she said she was sorry.
I thanked her for contacting me.

After everything we went through, I hated the thought that I named names. I do not want anyone to lose their job over this, but at the same time, I hope they get the extra training they need. I asked her not to fire anyone, I hope she didn't. Times are hard and jobs are not easy to come by.

Well, I guess that is it.
This story is finally over.

I want to thank everyone, who replied to this thread, for their help. I don't think my power would be on yet, if it wasn't for the caring people on here, that guided me on what I needed to do.

Thanks again,
Kristin

Old 09-24-2009, 06:26 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times
WEll. glad it all worked out for you! enjoy, Finally mr.cool

Old 03-22-2011, 09:52 AM

50 posts, read 80,995 times
Default Wow!!

that's nuts so did you buy a house that had Chinese drywall for cheap? Or did you get mold problems from the lack of a/c? How are things now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area