Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:06 AM

34 posts, read 140,857 times

Advertisements

- Beautiful beaches, with powdery sugar sand, amazing amount of shells,
and cool breezes

- Lots activities, fishing, boating, golfing, tennis

- Thriving wildlife and lush landscaping in most places

- Beautiful warm winters with not a lot of humidity

- Summers where the traffic is very low and everything is less croweded

- Great shopping areas like 5th avenue in Naples

- Low crime in comparison to east coast

- Various amount of communities to choose from

what are yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 AM

282 posts, read 1,008,590 times
I'm a part timer and for me as soon as I get off the plane and smell the air I feel like I'm home again.
And I love the fresh seafood, palm trees and the flowers and walking on the beach, shelling and just sitting on the beach watching the waves and listening to the sounds.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:07 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,242 times
I am surprised there is only one comment to this thread. It is pretty sad that most of the FL posts are negative. FL does have some great things to offer. We are leaving to move back north b/c it doesn't offer what we need for our children, and our active working lifestyle (FL is way better for those with more free time) I wish I had more time to hang on the beach, lallygag around and enjoy FL, but work and kids keep us too busy.
Maybe some others will chime in with positives about the area. There is quite a bit of negative out there.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:33 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,210,954 times
I have not been to the area nearly as much as I would like but do know there are several things I enjoy.
1) Mom & Joe (step-dad) live in Naples.
2) little brother lives in Lehigh Acres
3) Beaches
4) Seashells
5) Sunshine
6) Palm trees
7) Tin City in Naples
8) Sand and surf
9) Manatees
10) Dolphins

These are just some of the things that I would love to live closer to!

Old 04-11-2009, 09:40 AM

34 posts, read 140,857 times
I agree with all of your answers but number 10 is really cool, who needs an aquarium when you can spot dolphins and manatees right off the beach

Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
I am surprised there is only one comment to this thread. It is pretty sad that most of the FL posts are negative. FL does have some great things to offer. We are leaving to move back north b/c it doesn't offer what we need for our children, and our active working lifestyle (FL is way better for those with more free time) I wish I had more time to hang on the beach, lallygag around and enjoy FL, but work and kids keep us too busy.
Maybe some others will chime in with positives about the area. There is quite a bit of negative out there.
Of the dozen or so that I've known to move "back" north, they have all moved "back" south.

I hope you find what your looking for.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Actually, I would post "Peace & Quiet" but since my neighbors with the 24/7 barking dogs moved in, it's been Hell for me.

However, BN (before neighbors) I used to enjoy looking at the stars on a clear night and often go out just to see the moon. I'm a night owl and like listening to the silence on a still night, sort of the way it was before all those thugs with loud radios began to drive around. I live near the beach and I often stand on my street and look West to watch the big orange ball in the sky at sunset. Sometimes I go to the beach and watch it dip into the Gulf.

Casual dress might be another thing people enjoy. I used to think it was great, but sometimes I really miss wearing a sweater. I like putting on a suit once in a while, but it's 84 right now and only April, so the days when you can do that and feel comfortable are scarce. Still, it's nice to throw on a tee and a pair of cotton pants & sandals. After all, the mosquitoes and no-see-ums need to eat too.

I enjoy listening to the birds and watching wildlife. Too bad so many of my little friends became roadkill. Still, Florida has a lot of parks and in the summer it's very lush and green in most areas, unless a developer came in and bulldozed the area.

Hope this was positive enough for you.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,243 times
Smile I agree

Living most of my life outside of Chicago and communting to work- you can't beat the weather. I am sick of snow and driving in it for 4-5 months and I am sick of it being dark at 4:30 PM and at 7:30AM in the morning. I like long days with lots of sunlight. I like to walk with my dog and look at the moon and stars at night. I like using the neighborhood pool to exercise in. I only have to drive to the grocery store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLover View Post
- Beautiful beaches, with powdery sugar sand, amazing amount of shells,
and cool breezes

- Lots activities, fishing, boating, golfing, tennis

- Thriving wildlife and lush landscaping in most places

- Beautiful warm winters with not a lot of humidity

- Summers where the traffic is very low and everything is less croweded

- Great shopping areas like 5th avenue in Naples

- Low crime in comparison to east coast

- Various amount of communities to choose from

what are yours?

Last edited by mistydog52; 04-12-2009 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: misspelled words

Old 04-12-2009, 08:17 PM

135 posts, read 407,777 times
NO SNOW and MUCK! We moved here from up North. I love bieng able to walk the dog and not have to bath it when I get home because of snow and slush! The weather is great, the palm trees are beautiful, and the beaches are plentiful!

Old 04-13-2009, 09:36 PM

592 posts, read 1,813,782 times
All of the above and as our realtor said many years ago, "Those Sultry Summer Nights"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area