Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM

10 posts, read 20,459 times

Advertisements

After reading posts and looking at real estate listings. IS THERE ANY PART OF LEIGH ACRES THAT IS WORTH BUYING AND MOING INTO? ESPICALLY IF YOU PLAN TO STAY FOR YEARS. SAME WITH CAPE CORAL?
THANKS FOR ANY INPUT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 08:40 PM

282 posts, read 1,009,182 times
I don't know anything about Lehigh but I have had a house in CC for 2 years now and I don't understand all the negative posts because I love it. I could have bought anywhere but decided I liked CC the best. It seems more hometown like and I have found the people to be very friendly, plus it is low crime for the size. My house is in the SW around Beach Pkwy and I love the area.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:08 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,054,754 times
be carefull with fire-rescue services ! Heard they laid off quite a few firefighter/paramedics from Lehigh Acres. That scares me.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:33 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
If someone twisted my arm and I had to move to swFlorida, but had to choose between Cape Coral or Lehigh Acres, I would pick Cape Coral. Hands down. I didn't like Lehigh Acres five years ago and that was before the gangs moved in, housing imploded and crime skyrocketed. No thank you.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:48 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,791,588 times
If you must move there look into the gated communities. I have several coworkers who live there without problems.

Of course they still have to shop there, go to WalMart etc....

Old 09-10-2009, 08:19 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeler fan moving View Post
After reading posts and looking at real estate listings. IS THERE ANY PART OF LEIGH ACRES THAT IS WORTH BUYING AND MOING INTO? ESPICALLY IF YOU PLAN TO STAY FOR YEARS. SAME WITH CAPE CORAL?
THANKS FOR ANY INPUT
There may be....from what I saw & heard, wouldn't move there if the house was free...but it's actually quite a large area, so there could be streets here & there that are decent. Overall, it has a horrible reputation. There are far better places to live in SWFL than Lehigh Acres that have affordable homes.

Best bet is to take time and explore the areas from the eyes of living there & investing time & money and not b/c it's warm, sunny and no snow....

CC is huge and while parts of it look a bomb was dropped on it; primarily NW & NE sections, there are some good homes on well established streets.

Do some background work on Lehigh and see how it was & WHY it was started...it's an eyeopener...

Again, going down for a week vacation and loving the area is one thing. Moving there & staying there is a whoel other thing....

If you have the time, take it & research the areas...morning, afternoon, nightime, weekends, weekdays...not just on a drive by with the realtor...

Old 09-10-2009, 03:39 PM

917 posts, read 2,616,430 times
Quick way to find out about a town; go to the local Walmart on a weekend. Meet your potential neighbors and compare to your Walmart back home.

When 121804 talks about a bomb being dropped on NW and NE Cape Coral I believe she is describing the lack of trees and vegetation. Not burnt out building shells. This photo in this post from another member show it pretty well:https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...-april-087.jpg

I lived in the SW Cape and liked it there for the most part. Some of the neighbors could have been a little quieter.

I don't like the little bit of Lehigh Acres that Ive seen.
First thing I noticed was the very bad condition of the pavement on residential side streets. They were full of potholes and washouts. Next thing of course were the abandoned partially built homes in various stages of construction. And then the completed homes sitting empty with Realtor lock boxes on the front door.

The bad reputation alone would keep me from buying in Lehigh.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 AM

340 posts, read 1,046,647 times
I agree, but these aren't the only 2 places you can buy a home.,,, look in San Carlos Park or on the edges of Estero as well

Old 09-11-2009, 09:59 AM

917 posts, read 2,616,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMunch View Post
I agree, but these aren't the only 2 places you can buy a home.,,, look in San Carlos Park or on the edges of Estero as well
My parents live in Estero. (Pelican Sound) They're very happy there.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Some of San Carlos Park is fine. Some of it is kind of seedy. Estero is very, very nice. Estero would be my number one choice in Lee County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area