Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:14 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobums View Post
Hey Big House ~ where are you in Maryland? Spouse & I grew up in AA County then lived on the Shore for 15 years, Queen Anne County. We both miss the steamed crabs!!
I live in Baltimore County, in Timonium.
I had steamed crabs the other day! They're the largest in the fall!
I bought a really awesome place in PGI. I'll be there again in a couple weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Hearty "thank yous" to everyone.

I'm still in class and will take the state exam next week.

I'm up in Knoxville, Big House.

SoFlGal: You and I need to work out reciprocity! : You're a fabulous agent and I would feel very comfortable sending clients to you.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM

49 posts, read 148,497 times
Chicken Wing~ What is San Carlos Park all about? I see some great deals there. I'll be down in October & am trying to compile a list of where I'd like to look at homes. So far I've got Estero & I want to check out Golden Gate Estates too. Congrats on the new home BTW.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy12345 View Post
Chicken Wing~ What is San Carlos Park all about? I see some great deals there. I'll be down in October & am trying to compile a list of where I'd like to look at homes. So far I've got Estero & I want to check out Golden Gate Estates too. Congrats on the new home BTW.
I have lots of family in San Carlos. I used to live there.

There are pretty decent neighborhoods and some that have almost always been iffy. Three Oaks is in there and I really like that subdivision.

So San Carlos is a place where you really need to go look at the house and definitely evaluate the neighbors. A house may look fine but it could be a crackhouse. Please don't think that is the norm but it is not uncommon.

Also, property values dropped like a rock not that long ago. They've been steadily going down, but they really dropped this year. It's hard to evaluate how things will play out because of that.

You get a bunch of decent retirees and it will be the best thing that could happen to the place.

One thing that San Carlos has going for it is the location. It's right between 41 and I-75, south of Fort Myers but just north of Estero. Not much going on in San Carlos. It has a couple of redneck bars. That's about it. But you can choose to go to the beach or down into Bonita or Naples for entertainment.

The place has possibilities but only time is going to tell.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Hearty "thank yous" to everyone.

I'm still in class and will take the state exam next week.

I'm up in Knoxville, Big House.

SoFlGal: You and I need to work out reciprocity! : You're a fabulous agent and I would feel very comfortable sending clients to you.

Right on! Contact me when you get it. I would glady send back and forth. You're not moving to the area are you?

Old 09-15-2009, 04:16 PM

320 posts, read 1,129,956 times
Yeah, what hiknapster said. You have to check out the different streets in San Carlos Park. Some are better than others.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Right on! Contact me when you get it. I would glady send back and forth. You're not moving to the area are you?
Nope! It's all yours, sweet pea!

I love the idea of referring people back and forth.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:23 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Nope! It's all yours, sweet pea!

I love the idea of referring people back and forth.
Haha! You're funny! OK, we'll just refer back and forth. Go get 'um..DM me and let me know when you get it!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:40 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,363 times
hiknapster hit the nail on the head about "the park". I own 2 houses there in a nice section. I would not buy anything near a dump or slum house 'cause they never get better, just worse. Ya gotta be particular what street you buy on. I also have a house in Three oaks. That is a BIG step up from "the park" and prices reflect it. You can pick up a decent house in the park for under $100,000. A slum for about $40,000. Foreclosure house was going for about $150,000 in Three oaks, Pine Chase neighborhood, back in 2005 it would have brought about $250,000 +.
If you find a house or a couple of houses that your interested in, in the park, I'd be glad to check them out and give you my opinion, when I get back down there. Including photo's of the surrounding homes. There are no HOA fee's there which is a big plus. If you need a local realtor in the area I can recommend the one I'm using, if needed.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:08 PM

I just can't say enough good things about Three Oaks, TJ.

My MIL lives right down the street from Three Oaks. And at one point we lived there, too.

The whole family would meet up at Halloween and trick or treat in Three Oaks. It was like a huge block party! The houses are beautifull decorated and the whole neighborhood gets into the act. The people and neighborhood have such a wonderful vibe! It is the only subdivision that I have ever liked.

Yes, you definitely get what you pay for in Three Oaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
hiknapster hit the nail on the head about "the park". I own 2 houses there in a nice section. I would not buy anything near a dump or slum house 'cause they never get better, just worse. Ya gotta be particular what street you buy on. I also have a house in Three oaks. That is a BIG step up from "the park" and prices reflect it. You can pick up a decent house in the park for under $100,000. A slum for about $40,000. Foreclosure house was going for about $150,000 in Three oaks, Pine Chase neighborhood, back in 2005 it would have brought about $250,000 +.
If you find a house or a couple of houses that your interested in, in the park, I'd be glad to check them out and give you my opinion, when I get back down there. Including photo's of the surrounding homes. There are no HOA fee's there which is a big plus. If you need a local realtor in the area I can recommend the one I'm using, if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area