Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:14 PM

340 posts, read 1,046,185 times

Advertisements

TJ, when you coming down?? Lets ride !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 05:04 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Right on! Contact me when you get it. I would glady send back and forth. You're not moving to the area are you?
Awesome! I tried to get my oldest daughter to go to the University of Tennesee! She loves football! She went local to Towson University here in Maryland, and is working for the football team here. They are yellow and black. I have a friend that is a marine biologist, and his daughter is working toward here marine biology doctorate, and is doing an intership in Knoxville right now. Not where I'd think you'd go to work on marine biology - but I guess they have some interesting and specific types of studies there!

Anyway Good Luck on getting your license! If she wants to buy there, I'll have her look you up!

Old 09-16-2009, 05:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Awesome! I tried to get my oldest daughter to go to the University of Tennesee! She loves football! She went local to Towson University here in Maryland, and is working for the football team here. They are yellow and black. I have a friend that is a marine biologist, and his daughter is working toward here marine biology doctorate, and is doing an intership in Knoxville right now. Not where I'd think you'd go to work on marine biology - but I guess they have some interesting and specific types of studies there!

Anyway Good Luck on getting your license! If she wants to buy there, I'll have her look you up!
Thanks Big House, you are such a great guy!

That's funny isn't it? You would think that she would be studying in Woods Hole, Mass! They also have The Body Farm up here. Yes, it is what y'all think it is. They study forensics. You never know what you are going to find in Knoxville!

I don't think you'll find a bunch of winners, this weekend, though.

I'm just going to beat everyone to the chase and say that yes, I know that Florida is going to kick Tennessee's butt on Saturday in the swamp. We are all fully aware of this sad and depressing thought!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:32 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I just can't say enough good things about Three Oaks, TJ.
I never lived in Three Oaks, but I think it's a nice community. It's also very convenient to both Fort Myers and Naples and very close to Coconut Point & Miromar.

I'm getting really homesick, although the people here are very nice. (when I actually go outside)

Old 09-17-2009, 07:22 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Thanks Big House, you are such a great guy!

That's funny isn't it? You would think that she would be studying in Woods Hole, Mass! They also have The Body Farm up here. Yes, it is what y'all think it is. They study forensics. You never know what you are going to find in Knoxville!

I don't think you'll find a bunch of winners, this weekend, though.

I'm just going to beat everyone to the chase and say that yes, I know that Florida is going to kick Tennessee's butt on Saturday in the swamp. We are all fully aware of this sad and depressing thought!
Geeze!! It is funny you said Wood-Hole, because that is where her father work! He lives in Rhode Island, and we are going to visit him the first of October, and then head down to Florida right after that.

I wasn't paying attention to who Florida or Tennessee were playing. I love all the major Florida Teams and watch them all I can. And, if Tennessee is on I watch them too. I usually like to watch Maryland and Towson when I can. I'm going to the Towson - Eastern Carolina Game on Saturday night. My daughter got me some great seats. And, I get to tailgate with one of the frats that go to the game all the time. I've gotten to be friends with some of them, and since I'm 6'-5" I can hold my own on the beer pong table.

Do well on your test! I'll be waiting for an update!!

Old 09-17-2009, 02:58 PM

376 posts, read 910,605 times
Big House ~ I am green with envy! Enjoy those crabs.... think I'll try my hand at dip netting in Ding Darling. Even a half dozen is worth the effort!

Old 09-19-2009, 08:04 AM

515 posts, read 1,590,241 times
Quote:
I just can't say enough good things about Three Oaks, TJ.

My MIL lives right down the street from Three Oaks. And at one point we lived there, too.

The whole family would meet up at Halloween and trick or treat in Three Oaks. It was like a huge block party! The houses are beautifull decorated and the whole neighborhood gets into the act. The people and neighborhood have such a wonderful vibe! It is the only subdivision that I have ever liked.

Yes, you definitely get what you pay for in Three Oaks!
It is just like Disney World there at Halloween. The streets are packed with people of all ages. Some of the neighbors shut down the streets so no cars drive thru. Last year there were between 500 - 600 people knocking at the doors. They actually trek in from neighboring area's to walk our streets.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:06 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
It is just like Disney World there at Halloween. The streets are packed with people of all ages. Some of the neighbors shut down the streets so no cars drive thru. Last year there were between 500 - 600 people knocking at the doors. They actually trek in from neighboring area's to walk our streets.
You live there? I'm from Pineapple!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area