Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:34 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,929,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakinMama View Post
Jokes about sex with a baby? That's awful.
BakinMama, you do realize 121804 is quoting you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Wow! It sure did look like a condo. I am constantly amazed at the pics on the MLS. They could have taken a much cuter pic of the front of the house. Sheesh.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
As the mod pointed out, this is just about opinions.

Regarding crime, I agree that there are good & bad areas in every city. However, one really awful incident doesn't label an area as unsafe. Captiva Island has a population of under 500. When I lived on Sanibel, it was closer to 300. Anyway, I remember picking up the paper and reading about the murder of the bartender who worked at Tween Waters. It was the first murder in 25 years. My point is that showing this horrific, disturbing crime is no different from saying Naples is dangerous because a man murdered his wife and 5 children last month. I didn't think it was a joke, but I do understand what MrCool meant, since it's totally irrelevant to the home values. Perversion comes in all sizes, ages, colors and incomes. As I wrote before, I don't want to get in the middle of a battle, but I had the same reaction to the link. Any child advocate knows the stereotype of the low class bum raping his daughter is deceptive. That's probably why Debra LeFave, who molested her 14 year old student, was considered "too pretty for prison."

Anyway, since some of the people posting actually live in or near Punta Gorda, it only makes sense to assume they know the area better than outsiders. I also disagree that a cheap home in a bad area is a good starter home for a young couple. If a person were hungry, you wouldn't put a pile of dog poop on a plate and say "Well, at least it's better than going hungry."

Bonita Springs isn't a dangerous city and Naples is considered to be an upscale town, but there are some areas in both cities I would never recommend. That doesn't mean the nicer areas are crime free, only that they're safer. Most offenses happen in neighborhoods where criminals live or hang out. One reason I encourage all investors to run thorough background checks on their tenants is to keep good neighborhoods safe from the riff-raff. The new wave of out-of-town investors who are trying to scoop up all the "deals" is a concern, at least for me. After a home has been empty for a while, some owners will rent to anyone with a pulse. That's one reason I've concentrated on gated communities with nosy HOAs or deed restricted areas, not because I'm a snob, but for my personal safety and peace of mind.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:16 AM

I just want to add this, because I went back to read the posts in case I missed something. Where did anyone joke about this terrible crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
When someone makes a joke about a person having sex with a baby, as he did, ...that speaks volumes about character.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:46 AM

317 posts, read 772,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
BakinMama, you do realize 121804 is quoting you.
Excuse me?

Edited: Are you referring to my post about vomiting? And being queasy? If so, I wasn't making a joke about sex with a baby. I was saying I was sitting at the computer with my daughter on my lap and the thought of anyone hurting a child as little as her was making me sick again. Sex with a child is not a joke and that is NOT AT ALL what I meant.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Wow! It sure did look like a condo. I am constantly amazed at the pics on the MLS. They could have taken a much cuter pic of the front of the house. Sheesh.
Yep, isn't that something Amazing what they can do nowdays. There were more pix that I didn't get up on the post including the front. and there is a storage shed with AC , and a cool little outdoor fireplace also a wide shot of the big backyard, but i thought all those pix were going to be a bit much.Thats why I said to see the virtual tour of the house cause it looks even better! I just wanted to point out that you CAN buy a nice house in SWF that is NOT trashed and the appliances, cabinents and AC is not torn out by vandals!

How is your real estate biz going in Tenn? I bet you could have taken better pix of that house

Old 10-22-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakinMama View Post
Excuse me?

Edited: Are you referring to my post about vomiting? And being queasy? If so, I wasn't making a joke about sex with a baby. I was saying I was sitting at the computer with my daughter on my lap and the thought of anyone hurting a child as little as her was making me sick again. Sex with a child is not a joke and that is NOT AT ALL what I meant.
Oh, no no no not at all, 121804 quoted you when I think she meant to quote me, I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding. But as JustNancy said where did anyone make a joke about sex with a child?? I didn't see it either??? And what does any of this have to do with houses in SWF under $50k??? Let's get back to the subject at hand.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:17 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Yep, isn't that something Amazing what they can do nowdays. There were more pix that I didn't get up on the post including the front. and there is a storage shed with AC , and a cool little outdoor fireplace also a wide shot of the big backyard, but i thought all those pix were going to be a bit much.Thats why I said to see the virtual tour of the house cause it looks even better! I just wanted to point out that you CAN buy a nice house in SWF that is NOT trashed and the appliances, cabinents and AC is not torn out by vandals!

How is your real estate biz going in Tenn? I bet you could have taken better pix of that house
Aha! So it was YOUR fault!

Back in 2005, the prices were CRAZY high in swFlorida. That's another reason why we moved. It's cute for $50,000 but you sure wouldn't want to pay $200,000 for it!

I think starter homes are not going to fall much more if at all. Next wave is going to be that incredible amount of homes in the $250,000 to $450,000 range. They've already fallen, but they will fall some more.

Once prices are normal and season is back in swing, swFlorida can go back to what it was, a sleepy liitle retirement area.

Still waiting on the paperwork. I hope that everything should go through by the middle of next week. Then I can put my fancy house below my name. ^^^^

Old 10-22-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Aha! So it was YOUR fault!

Back in 2005, the prices were CRAZY high in swFlorida. That's another reason why we moved. It's cute for $50,000 but you sure wouldn't want to pay $200,000 for it!

I think starter homes are not going to fall much more if at all. Next wave is going to be that incredible amount of homes in the $250,000 to $450,000 range. They've already fallen, but they will fall some more.

Once prices are normal and season is back in swing, swFlorida can go back to what it was, a sleepy liitle retirement area.

Still waiting on the paperwork. I hope that everything should go through by the middle of next week. Then I can put my fancy house below my name. ^^^^
Well good for YOU!!! best of luck and I think your assesment of the area might be right on!

So judging from what you seen, what would you price that house at in Tenn? I know here it would go for about the $200k you posted.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:35 PM

MrCool, pictures are sometimes meaningless. I can tell you that from experience. Photos of houses for sale are often no different from those glamour shots on dating sites. You can always add a few teeth, take off 50 lbs and draw in some hair.

Edit: Of course, I would never do that. By the way, here's a recent pic of me.

[URL]http://enciklopediabg.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mila-kunis-picture.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by justNancy; 10-22-2009 at 12:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area