Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,953 times

Advertisements

I finally made the decision that I no longer want to shovel snow but sand.
I am turning a young 50 this year and looking to live life for me. The kids are grown and moved away.
The areas that I am looking at are Cape Coral or Fort Myers.
Which area offer some night life, friendly people, and which is better buying a condo or home.
Its overwhelming with all the information, I would like to hear from someone who lives in either area for info... Please help me..Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM

418 posts, read 1,089,631 times
Ft Myers has a better night life, Cape Coral is mostly residential. If your going to be a snow bird a condo will be best, if you live here year round then a house will be best. Check out the web sites for both cities. Good luck

Old 12-02-2009, 06:45 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,282,615 times
If you don't know Florida, I would suggest spending at least a month on the road driving the perimeter, in December/January, when it is coldest, checking out each town for general feeling and atmosphere.

The slower you move and taking things in increments, the more likely you will end up in a situation that you like. Sock your northern house money away in government guarateed CDs, plan to rent for several years, possibly indefinitely.

Be honest about what you are interested in doing with your time as far as something that will mix you with people, and look for and try out that activity, then let housing and location decision follow behind that.

If you can manage it, consider a location and residence that will be convienient regarding fights and of interest to children, friends etc. from up north that might visit, ie. within hour of beach.

you may wish to check out the Red Hat Society.

Red Hat Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area