Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 02:15 PM

518 posts, read 1,231,439 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about pine island around saint jude blvd? Whats on pine island? Looking to buy a house with gulf access. I have looked at cape coral gulf access condos and have one offer in on a unit now and am waiting for the bank to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 06:48 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,882 times
the drive across from the Cape is special...very nice...reminded me of the keys

definitely a more rural vibe out there, based on one drive-through to the south end.

BIL spent an afternoon poking around...ended up having lunch on a dock in some park preserve out there, saw a pink flamingo fly by...said there were a lot of palm tree nurseries out there

I think Ding Darling preserve is just across the bay

you're not buying stuff sight unseen, are you?

Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times
We LIKE Pine Island, it's a good day trip. It appears to be mostly nurseries for growing all kinds of foliage, mostly palms used for landscaping elsewhere I would presume. The main drag is a lot like the Keys used to be, funky shops, arts craftsy...it you want to be entertained by the locals, go sit at the bar at Bert's Bar and listen to the locals...GREAT time.....Bert's has a really good website too, you can sign up to be on their email list and hear what bands they're having, they have great music, great food, great locals, a great location right on the water, but only beer and wine. Can't have everything I guess!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
the drive across from the Cape is special...very nice...reminded me of the keys

definitely a more rural vibe out there, based on one drive-through to the south end.

BIL spent an afternoon poking around...ended up having lunch on a dock in some park preserve out there, saw a pink flamingo fly by...said there were a lot of palm tree nurseries out there

I think Ding Darling preserve is just across the bay

you're not buying stuff sight unseen, are you?
No, I put in offers with a 10 day inspection period. I do many across the us and then fly and pick what I like. Although, I have bought many things around the country and out of the country without looking at them first. I haven't made any mistakes yet and have been doing this for 30 years. I am very cautious. It gives me something to do and has made me money over the long haul, while also owning 4 or 5 homes located all over the place at a time for vacations over the years. Pine island looks like the keys when I was a kid. I have been to cape coral 2 times this year and will be back before the end of the year. I like the sw section. Fort myers and outter cape coral areas, someone else can have that area. The area seems to have alot of young people that will end up in and out of jail most likely. Kind of like poor areas in Brazil where I have a home. Thanks Steve

Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Stayed on Pine Island last year for a few days. Pretty area (Tarpon Lodge) but we found the area lacking in activities. It seemed a bit depressed (last February) with a lot of homes for sale.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:21 AM

206 posts, read 449,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiege1224 View Post
No, I put in offers with a 10 day inspection period. I do many across the us and then fly and pick what I like. Although, I have bought many things around the country and out of the country without looking at them first. I haven't made any mistakes yet and have been doing this for 30 years. I am very cautious. It gives me something to do and has made me money over the long haul, while also owning 4 or 5 homes located all over the place at a time for vacations over the years. Pine island looks like the keys when I was a kid. I have been to cape coral 2 times this year and will be back before the end of the year. I like the sw section. Fort myers and outter cape coral areas, someone else can have that area. The area seems to have alot of young people that will end up in and out of jail most likely. Kind of like poor areas in Brazil where I have a home. Thanks Steve
Parts of Cape Coral look like poor areas in Brazil?

Granted, I have never been to Brazil, but from what I have seen in the media you have got to be kidding.

I just got back from a week on the Cape and drove through every area and no offense but I don't know what you are talking about.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:53 PM

I ment the young people around the area.Not the houses ect. I have been to the cape 2 times this year. Both times young want to be gang bangers have messed with me and my car at two different nice hotels I stayed in.. I also have friends that have lived in the area and left due to the same problems at there home. My friends tell me to many bad groups of kids came from Miami in the good times and know are around in the bad times causing trouble. If the area has no crime problems why are alot of homes stripped of everything of value. Young people sitting in groups in the front yards ect looking to make trouble. If you haven't been somewhere you should not be giving worthless advice and comments to people based on what you have seen on tv.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:55 PM

206 posts, read 449,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiege1224 View Post
I ment the young people around the area.Not the houses ect. I have been to the cape 2 times this year. Both times young want to be gang bangers have messed with me and my car at two different nice hotels I stayed in.. I also have friends that have lived in the area and left due to the same problems at there home. My friends tell me to many bad groups of kids came from Miami in the good times and know are around in the bad times causing trouble. If the area has no crime problems why are alot of homes stripped of everything of value. Young people sitting in groups in the front yards ect looking to make trouble. If you haven't been somewhere you should not be giving worthless advice and comments to people based on what you have seen on tv.
I'm not getting in an arguement with you. This forum is for giving advice and for discussing issues.
You are personally insulting me by calling my advice and comments worthless.
Obviously, if you've had such bad experiences on the cape it's not the place for you.
I bought a foreclosed property and the former homeowners took everything not kids. I don't doubt there is vandalism of empty houses.
That will happen anywhere.
Again, if the cape is so bad don't buy there.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:25 PM

You insulted me first. I asked about info on pine island not the cape.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:54 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
We LIKE Pine Island, it's a good day trip. It appears to be mostly nurseries for growing all kinds of foliage, mostly palms used for landscaping elsewhere I would presume. The main drag is a lot like the Keys used to be, funky shops, arts craftsy...it you want to be entertained by the locals, go sit at the bar at Bert's Bar and listen to the locals...GREAT time.....Bert's has a really good website too, you can sign up to be on their email list and hear what bands they're having, they have great music, great food, great locals, a great location right on the water, but only beer and wine. Can't have everything I guess!!!
Isn't Bert's Bar part of Matlache? That is a cool place! You can fish from the bridge. It is really active there too. I went there with my brother about a week ago. We caught a bunch of lady fish, one guy caught a small bonnet head, and another guy caught a snook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area