Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:00 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,918,233 times

Advertisements

Thank you NO. Unlike you, I don't go to every crackpot far left liberal blog or web site to get all of my information

Every Tommy, Dick and Harry knows that the so called scientists working on the grobal warming question are deleting data which does not agree with the warming results they are after!!

This from my daughter at CBS News (an unquestionly left leaning news sourse, as is my kid)
"Congress may probe leaked global warming emails" A few days after leaked email messages appeared on the internet, U.S. Congress may probe whether prominent scientists who are advocates of global warming theories misrepresented the truth about climate change!!!!(You can google it if you like!)

The bottom line is without doubt, the scientists working on the climate change question are getting results that DO NOT agree with the results they are looking for, which is mankind is causing global warming, so they have been deleting data and not using research from other scientists working on the same models that don't agree with the finding they are after!!

They simply can't explain why the temp has actually DROPPED over the last decade....it simply does not jive with with their mathematical model, hence they have come up with the "cold weather is actually caused by global warming" hypothesis. The funny thing is many of these same scientists are the same "experts" that where predicting a period of global cooling during they 1980's. And why do they make all these crack pot predictions????.................That's right, you got it!! It's for the money!!!!!!!! Mr.Cold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,857,180 times
Sorry MrsTommy,but all those studies were discredited when they hacked into those e-mails in England....seems the scientists sold out to get more government grants,manipulated temperature data and discredited other scientists who questioned their findings.
Just google up "The global warming hoax" and you'll see for yourself.
Meanwhile,it's so cold that I have to warm up my V10 Dodge for at least 1/2 an hour to make up for my Prius driving,climate kook son in law who turns his engine off at traffic lights in order to save the planet.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,269,302 times
Its hard to know what is really going on, and games are being played on both sides. Regardless, I am happier owning close to the 75 rather than being nearer the coast.

This is a handy tool for seeing how your house would fare with different scenarios for rising sea levels:

Flood Maps

I start to get into trouble at 8 metres, though I suppose the real issue is increased storm surge.

For myself, the most troubling aspect of the issue is that the keepers of the core data that all of this is based on are not willing to post the raw data on the web...they just want us to "take their word for it".

There is also the point of view of the Copenhagan Consensus crowd who say money would be much better spent mitigating the impact of warming rather than a futile attempt to stop or reverse CO2, given India and China's refusal to play.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 AM

267 posts, read 803,569 times
Climate Momentum Shifting: Prominent Scientists
Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now
Skeptics

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...6-d702baea2a42

This of course does not include the now over 31000 scientists who have come out against the idea of man made global warming.

There is no consensus.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,857,180 times
I'm OTFL........the rising oceans is the biggest hoax of all.The corrupt scientists carefully culled tidal flow at a couple of locations in Europe and Asia (Hong Kong harbor was one) that had some unusaully high tides ...and used that to justify their phoney claims that the sea is rising.
According to them,the melting of the polar ice is causing the problem......but they also claim that up to 40% of the ice has already melted and , yet,the oceans have not risen A SINGLE INCH.
Don't let them bamboozle you with New Orleans and Venice.......both are citys that have experienced settling........not rising water.
Al Gore.......give back that Nobel prize.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:34 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
Marc Morano? The guy known as Rush Limbaugh's "Man in Washington."

Marc Morano - SourceWatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellobiafra View Post
Climate Momentum Shifting: Prominent Scientists
Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now
Skeptics

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...6-d702baea2a42

This of course does not include the now over 31000 scientists who have come out against the idea of man made global warming.

There is no consensus.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Marc Morano? The guy known as Rush Limbaugh's "Man in Washington."

Marc Morano - SourceWatch
Frankly...so what? It's not like he's using his own science. It's not important who posted the paper, it's the science held within.

That's why these debates amongst the public are mostly useless. One side follows skeptics who are seen as conservative whackos for not blindly following science that has been found to be, at the very least, questionable. On the other side are people who follow the scientists who's very livelihoods are hanging on their ability to continue the scare tactics so that they are provided financing via government grants. These are people who have been found to fake their own findings when it doesn't support the party line.

If the climate kooks get their way, our very way of life will absolutely change. If the skeptics get their way, more time is given to the science of climate change and we won't all be paying 600/month for a/c in Florida in the summer, and being forced to ride our bikes to work.

See, contrary to MrsTommy's beliefs, I'm not some earth hater who leaves my little Jeep Liberty running all night just to spite her and her ilk. In fact, I'm soon moving to a place where I'm sure I'll take up certain environmental issues like shearing off the tops of mountains to mine for coal, and poisoning streams and communities in the process. In her world, it's either black or white. I fight for many protections of our environment, not because I'm running in fear of failed science, but because certain things should be protected just for the beauty of it.

But what I don't stand for, is a group of liars spouting faulty science forcing all of us to bow down to higher taxes and regulations for no good reason. It should be my right to drive a jeep instead of a plug in car, and I shouldn't be penalized for it. It should be my decision to use the new fangled light bulbs (which, by the way, I do for the most part), or stick with the old ones. And my freaking electric bill should not be 75% higher because of something that hasn't been proven.

So we can continue to post links to sites that favor each of our own opinions. But only one of those opinions means forcing people to completely change their livelihoods because of fear-mongering and unproven theories.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:37 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
Really? Have you read HIS sources? You don't like liars?

And for the record, I am not a tree hugger, either. But I will not stand for lies, misquotes and propaganda.

Same reference, by the way.

And by the way, I've said it before. This does not belong on the Fort Myers forum. I suspect that is was put here because the OP was looking to spout his opinion with not getting an opposing view. Take this stuff up to the correct forum. I'm done.

An August 2007 entry by Morano on Inhofe's EPW Committee blog claimed that "proponents of man-made global warming have been funded to the tune of $50 BILLION in the last decade or so, but the Magazine chose instead to focus on how skeptics have reportedly received a paltry $19 MILLION from ExxonMobil over the last two decades."[8] Morano offered no documentation to support the "$50 BILLION" claim, and cited only one figure to support the "$19 MILLION" claim -- a statement that "skeptics have reportedly received a paltry $19 MILLION from ExxonMobil over the last two decades," falsely suggesting that ExxonMobil was the only source of funding for global warming "skeptics."[9]

Writing in the New York Times, Leslie Kaufman noted that Morano, while working for Inhofe, had authored a report titled More than 700 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims. One of those cited in the report was Steve Rayner, from Oxford University. However, Rayner -- who doesn't dispute global warming though has been critical of the Kyoto Protocol -- described his inclusion as “quite outrageous" and had asked for his name to be removed from the report. Despite being told by an Inhofe staffer that it would be removed, it hasn't. Morano is unrepentant , claiming instead that Rayner must be "not to be remembering this clearly." [10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellobiafra View Post
Frankly...so what? It's not like he's using his own science. It's not important who posted the paper, it's the science held within.

That's why these debates amongst the public are mostly useless. One side follows skeptics who are seen as conservative whackos for not blindly following science that has been found to be, at the very least, questionable. On the other side are people who follow the scientists who's very livelihoods are hanging on their ability to continue the scare tactics so that they are provided financing via government grants. These are people who have been found to fake their own findings when it doesn't support the party line.

If the climate kooks get their way, our very way of life will absolutely change. If the skeptics get their way, more time is given to the science of climate change and we won't all be paying 600/month for a/c in Florida in the summer, and being forced to ride our bikes to work.

See, contrary to MrsTommy's beliefs, I'm not some earth hater who leaves my little Jeep Liberty running all night just to spite her and her ilk. In fact, I'm soon moving to a place where I'm sure I'll take up certain environmental issues like shearing off the tops of mountains to mine for coal, and poisoning streams and communities in the process. In her world, it's either black or white. I fight for many protections of our environment, not because I'm running in fear of failed science, but because certain things should be protected just for the beauty of it.

But what I don't stand for, is a group of liars spouting faulty science forcing all of us to bow down to higher taxes and regulations for no good reason. It should be my right to drive a jeep instead of a plug in car, and I shouldn't be penalized for it. It should be my decision to use the new fangled light bulbs (which, by the way, I do for the most part), or stick with the old ones. And my freaking electric bill should not be 75% higher because of something that hasn't been proven.

So we can continue to post links to sites that favor each of our own opinions. But only one of those opinions means forcing people to completely change their livelihoods because of fear-mongering and unproven theories.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
And by the way, I've said it before. This does not belong on the Fort Myers forum. I suspect that is was put here because the OP was looking to spout his opinion with not getting an opposing view. Take this stuff up to the correct forum. I'm done.
Your suspicions are incorrect. Do you really think I wanted serious debate on the Fort Myers forums by stating my worry that the Gulf Of Mexico might freeze over? Really?

It was merely my little way to comment on how freaking chilly it was around here. I did not expect it to offend the delicate sensibilities of some of the locals...

I've lived here for over 31 years. I have every right to post little things like this on my local forum. I guess I should have expected a few people to be lacking a sense of humor.

As for me being someone who is afraid of opposing views, I debate on a nearly daily basis on numerous online forums including, but not restricted to:

Volconvo Debate Forums: Debating political, religious, and news-based topics

Argue With Everyone Political Forums

Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,918,233 times
I found the OP to be very funny, as did Mrs. Cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area