Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:20 PM

89 posts, read 262,491 times

Advertisements

DH went and looked at a few rental houses today. The one he likes the most is in Cape Coral, specifically NW.

It is west of Burnt Store Road.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
My favorite area of the Cape. Nice mix of the rural feel with the canals.

The whole area is the pretty homogenous, all looks the same. But others might have some other thoughts if you mention a north or south of a particular cross street.

YC.......

Old 02-27-2010, 11:59 AM

317 posts, read 772,446 times
Is there an intersection? We live just east of Burnt Store Rd. at Chiquita and Diplomat. We really like it out and we don't feel like we are isolated from anything. Pine Island Rd is close and we have almost everything on that road that we need. In fact, when I lived in SW Cape I hated driving so far to get to Target or WalMart. And now that we have the new library out here, it's even better! We know our neighbors, we've never had a problem with crime (granted, that might be specific to our neighborhood). I like it a lot.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
How far is it from route 41 and I-75?

I had a tentative appointment to see a house in NW Cape Coral last week. I was driving from Port Charlotte and my GPS told me to take I-75 to North Ft Myers and then take Del Prado off of 41. After several miles, I turned around and apologized to the real estate agent. No point in taking up his time if I think it's too far from the highway.

I am reconsidering the Cape, however. I don't really like North Port, although it has a lot more trees than Cape Coral, and I really like trees a lot.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:48 PM

it is south of gulfstream, north of tropicana

We really like the house. DH said it is close to shopping. He would have to commute to Ft Myers for work. (Colonial Blvd would be the closest route. Is that an awful commute in the morning?)

thanks for the opinions. Keep them coming!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool_ready View Post
it is south of gulfstream, north of tropicana

We really like the house. DH said it is close to shopping. He would have to commute to Ft Myers for work. (Colonial Blvd would be the closest route. Is that an awful commute in the morning?)

thanks for the opinions. Keep them coming!
I don't live there, but I've driven to & from Cape Coral a lot. I think it's an easy drive from that location. Burnt Store becomes Veterans which becomes Colonial. Traffic/bridge congestion depends on the time of day.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:28 PM

thank you

Old 02-28-2010, 05:02 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
How far is it from route 41 and I-75?

I had a tentative appointment to see a house in NW Cape Coral last week. I was driving from Port Charlotte and my GPS told me to take I-75 to North Ft Myers and then take Del Prado off of 41. After several miles, I turned around and apologized to the real estate agent. No point in taking up his time if I think it's too far from the highway.

I am reconsidering the Cape, however. I don't really like North Port, although it has a lot more trees than Cape Coral, and I really like trees a lot.
Nancy, a few weeks ago they started removing mobile homes along the South side of Burnt Store road where it meets 41. (in that trailer park by the Home Depot)

According to a resident I talked to, they're preparing to widen that little two lane bridge there. I don't have any details but this could be an indication that they are proceeding with the plans to widen Burnt Store road. If they do, of course, it would be good news for people living in NW Cape Coral.

It's less than twenty miles from I-75 to Pine Island road when driving along Burnt Store road. If they widen it to four lanes, it would be a faster safer drive.

Having lived in the Cape, the choice between Cape Coral or North Port would be pretty easy for me. I'm not that impressed with North Port either.

Pool_ready, that's a nice area. In the morning the traffic going into Fort Myers might back up on the bridge a little. On the way back into the Cape at the end of the day, the tolls might slow things down a little. Not really an issue.

Last edited by tommy-105; 02-28-2010 at 05:16 AM..

Old 03-01-2010, 05:42 AM

317 posts, read 772,446 times
I would love if they widen Burnt Store. We always take Burnt Store up to I-75 when we travel and I hate that little two-lane road.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Thanks, Tommy. I just discovered Burnt Store Lakes and Burnt Store Meadows. I've already looked at homes in Burnt Store Village, but I thought it was too far from 41 and there weren't a lot of trees. Burnt Store Meadows is very pretty and closer to 41. I've been on the road many times, but I never went into that community because an agent said the houses were way out of my price range. *NOT!* (many of them are, but not all)

Sunday I was in the NW Cape and noticed some very pretty houses. I'm concerned about the long drive to route 41 and I-75, since people on Burnt Store Road like to drive above the speed limit. I also prefer a deed restricted community because of past problems with neighbors, although I didn't notice any chicken coops. On Sunday everyone was passing me and some drivers were very aggressive. I can't afford another speeding ticket and haven't been stopped since 2004. Why is it that every time I travel at the speed limit in Florida, someone is on my tail? That's when I wish I drove a Hummer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area