Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 11:25 AM

5 posts, read 8,544 times

Advertisements

I am 45 years old just went thur a divorce looking for a fresh start I like to run I do marathon's an 5k runs I like the outdoors an the beach... I am a airconditioning an heating Tech making 40,000 a year now I would like to go out on my own !!! I own a few house's here in oklahoma that I will sale so I will have money to put down on a home when I move .. where is a good place to live an work in the area I am trained in an plus b able to run outdoors an b close to the beach ... that totally wouldnt break the bank ??? I have heard new port an sarsota any input would help thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,269,302 times
some suggestions:

- take a long drive from Boca Chica Texas all the way down to Key West in January, then back up the east coast to Charleston. Ponder what you see.

- after that, have a cup of coffee with the ex and think about getting back together.

- Texas coast requires heat in winter AND AC in summer, maybe think about that from a business angle, and better taxwise. Lower cost of living.

- If you are a sportsbar kinda guy rather than a wine-Art-Show kinda guy, think Fort Myers rather than Sarasota, Florida-wise.

- If you are doing ok where you are moneywise, maybe start with long vacations around the gulf, and position yourself for when things recover in a few years to break out. Hard to think clearly about business if you have just come through a divorce.

- what about buying a building lot cheap (5-10k?) in Punta Gorda with dense foliage and build yourself a rustic stilt cabin as a second home as a project during your vacations, or pick up a wreck of a place cheap and rehab it (rent it first and research as much as you can, there are a lot of traps to fall into). Check out which Florida airports have good direct flights into your area so that you can do a few long weekends.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:38 PM

304 posts, read 742,717 times
Sarasota is awesome!! Its gorgeous, funky, unique, charming, everything other mid and SW FL locations are not. But it also has a hefty older population and is pretty heavy on the culture and arts, which I think is great but you may not. Sarasota is very arsty, but very cool and interesting little place. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area