Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 PM

10 posts, read 26,727 times

Advertisements

are you severely depressed or something? haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM

i said GOOD, NICE, POSITIVE, OR UPLIFTING...tarastomsgirl please stop. you're such a downer. seriosuly.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,489,431 times
Angry ft myers

taratsomgirl,

I ,for one, agree with everything you have said! I justg about lost it after I went to Target ans asked an employee where the candy aisle was and she did the no english thing. It is horrible there and am so glad we moved out of there! I know that FT. Myers used to be a great palce to live and work as that was why I had moved there, but it really changed for the worse. It is just like Miami and WEst Palm Beach now.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:52 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
There is a reason you are seeing the posts that you are about Fort Myers. This is a unique place to say the lesat. Please understand that there is a very, very heavy Hispanic influence in Fort Myers along with snowbirds/retirees. They dictate Fort Myers.

Time will tell how you respond to it. Hopefully, it will be positive for you.

Best of luck.

PS..be prepared for lovebug season [May & Oct]. Those are the nasty bugs that are in the pic.

Last edited by 121804; 08-01-2007 at 01:02 PM..

Old 08-01-2007, 01:03 PM

121804 thank you!!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
HomecMGrown: As a young person, you will probably not like Fort Myers. Normally I would encourage you to move to somewhere else in Florida.

But here's the deal...you're getting a condo rent free. So go for it. It's not like you are dragging kids down and buying a house. No harm will be done. You'll have until February to decide, and snowbird season will be in full bloom, so you'll get a taste of what it is like.

Good luck to you.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM

thank you hiknapster! any cool places to check out? i'm really outdoorsy, love to swim, hike, kayak, whatever...also like to party lol. what are some cool beaches, bars, places to hang out where everyone isn't 80?

Old 08-01-2007, 04:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Yes. First place to go would be the Lani Kai at Fort Myers Beach. Lots of young people. A band playing. It's right on the beach.

There are clubs in downtown Fort Myers, too.

Go over to the "Ding" Darling Wildlife Sanctuary on Sanibel. You can hike, kayak, canoe or take a tour. Welcome to the J. N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge

Don't miss the causeway between Sanibel and Captiva. Beautiful water and gorgeous shells.

That will get you started. You'll meet up with people, for sure.

Just stay away from Walmart during snowbird season. It will ruin your day!

Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 AM

finally some kind folk thanks hiknapster i appreciate the input!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:30 PM

120 posts, read 170,549 times
Homes are expenisive in the Ft. Myers area? I can find single family homes in a brand new gated community for less than $200,000. Has anyone checked out toward Del Prado extension? Don't even get me started on the whole, "Ft. Myers has a horrible job market." I will let GulfShore Business Online handle this one. Here is an article I think everyone should read:
Welcome to Gulfshore Business Online (broken link)

I'm not even going to argue about the beaches. It is pointless and the awards the Lee County beaches have recieved speak for themselves so I don't need to.

As far as Hispanics go, I have actually written e-mails to people involved with airline and airport businesses asking them to begin nonstop service between Southwest Florida Airport and some Latin American destinations. They informed me that this area doesn't yet have the Hispanic population to justify service between Ft. Myers and Latin America. But you can keep acting like this area is "over run" with Hispanics if you really want to.

In an effort to stop "beating a dead horse" as some other members have put it, I will end my part in this back and forth bickering right here. As someone who can't stand negativity and exagerationg (sp?), I must say I picked the wrong forum to join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area