Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the use of leaf blowers on lawns be considered a violation of the noise ordinance?
yes, absolutely 3 60.00%
yes, but make an exception for using them in hard to reach places like high 3rd story gutters 0 0%
no, but there should be a limit of 10 minutes per day of their use 1 20.00%
people should have to use their own mouths to blow, not obnoxious noisy machines 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 AM

5 posts, read 62,809 times

Advertisements

Can I call the police on my neighbors for disturbing the peace with their leaf blowers? they stand out in their yards for hours with those damn obnoxious things, strutting their extreme laziness when they could do the same task in 10 minutes with a rake. This seems to be the equivalent of me turning my stereo on to levels that can be heard blocks away when I could just turn on the radio at a level that I can hear in my house. Unnecessary, obnoxious, rude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM

13 posts, read 35,090 times
This isn't a real poll at all! There is no choice to say no, leaf blowers are fine and tolerable.

There are already noise ordinances in place which I'm sure this falls under. I don't know exactly what they are, but I'm sure your neighbor cannot run the blower after 9pm or before 7pm.

On another note.... isn't it extremely un-american for you to decide that your neighbor shouldn't be able to use a leaf blower and should instead use a rake? I'm pretty sure you don't get to make those decisions, nor try to pass an ordinance to force him to. I think your living in the wrong country

-MJ

Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,031,323 times
There will always be the forgotten minority, in any city, who suffer even more w/unwarranted noise pollution: People like myself, who work the nightshift, where I try to sleep from 9a-5p or 10-6p.

If I call the police abut a noise issue, during the day time, it's like listening to a nonstop recorder: If the noise continues past 10pm.............................................. ................................

Check out any of the Noisefree/Anti-Noise sites for some hope!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:26 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,982,817 times
Having been in Ft Wayne for over 10 years I'll state what is now obvious to me: the Ft Wayne police don't enforce noise pollution laws. I've made calls for a couple different reasons over the years (and extended family have made other, unrelated ones), and we've had the same consistent response; no physical response by the police, ever.

The noise laws in this area are themselves very lenient, and the authorities don't enforce them. Make friends with the offenders, learn to live with the noise, work to change the laws, or move - those are your current choices.

In the summer I love to sit on my porch and relax; sometimes leaf blowers or trimmers, noisy dogs, or even fireworks disturb the peace... I just don't worry about it and find other things to think about and appreciate.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjohnsonfw View Post
This isn't a real poll at all! There is no choice to say no, leaf blowers are fine and tolerable.

There are already noise ordinances in place which I'm sure this falls under. I don't know exactly what they are, but I'm sure your neighbor cannot run the blower after 9pm or before 7pm.

On another note.... isn't it extremely un-american for you to decide that your neighbor shouldn't be able to use a leaf blower and should instead use a rake? I'm pretty sure you don't get to make those decisions, nor try to pass an ordinance to force him to. I think your living in the wrong country

-MJ
Its extremely Un-American for you to suggest hard working Americans put up with people that have NO RESPECT for the people around them. Especially when they are helping build this great country of ours If *******s like you just moved away the rest of us would be just fine. Enjoy your day Maybe someone will come along and annoy you all day. Or maybe you will lose your job and have to stay home and be forced to listen to all this noise all the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne