U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 07:57 AM

17,700 posts, read 37,362,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesinFW View Post
I don't really go to "fine dining" but I do know there are no 5 star restaurants in NE Indiana, let alone ft Wayne.

For some nice dining I suggest Ruby Tuesdays - on the corner of Parnell and Coliseum, Chili's, (and if you got a buck or two to spend) Steak 'n Shake (for your not so fancy sit down).

As for bar food. Being from New Haven, I'd HIGHLY RECOMMEND Rack and Helen's. It's right downtown new haven on broadway across the street from the post office. (it just so happens that my office is right there too, so we eat there a lot). I know the owner personally, he's a great guy and the food is awesome. If you're in New Haven and wanna stop by, do it!

Josef Decuis is a 5 star restaurant ... or at least I thought it was. I know technically, it's not in FW, but it's close enough.

When I went to college, I used to frequent Cheddars ... still there?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2006, 09:35 PM

95 posts, read 432,027 times
I believe Cheddars is still around, I've never been there.

Where's Josef Decuis at? There was just something in Business People monthly about the restuarants in ft wayne, there are no 5 stars in or around NE indiana.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:28 AM

17,700 posts, read 37,362,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesinFW View Post
I believe Cheddars is still around, I've never been there.

Where's Josef Decuis at? There was just something in Business People monthly about the restuarants in ft wayne, there are no 5 stars in or around NE indiana.
Joseph Decuis is in Roanoke ... website is www.josephdecuis.com

Old 09-01-2006, 11:12 AM

2,156 posts, read 10,621,056 times
I don't think there are very many interesting places to see in Ft. Wayne. If there are, I must have missed them in all of my previous trips there.
Hate to say it but I would rate it as a dull city to visit. Chicago and Indy offer much more.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
I don't think there are very many interesting places to see in Ft. Wayne. If there are, I must have missed them in all of my previous trips there.
Hate to say it but I would rate it as a dull city to visit. Chicago and Indy offer much more.
What did you drive around on I69?

The Corvette museum? The Zoo? downtown attractions such as the firefighters museum?

Glenbrook or Jefferson pointe mall? Embassy theatre? Komet Hockey, Fury basketball? Wizards baseball?

Ft Wayne has nothing to offer? The only thing Indy has to offer over Ft wayne is an NFL team and a mall that's above a downtown intersection. Which, last time I was there, wasn't that impressive to begin with. (it was nice, but normal at best)

I admit Ft Wayne isn't anywhere close to being the best place for a visit... but there is plenty to do to keep you busy, especially if you have a family.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:07 AM

James
Hate to say this but it is an old and encrusted dying town! But, on 24 is a nice outdoor mall. they have a Biaggi's restaurant (upscale Italian) and then O Charleys' which is a good place to eat lunch, Logan's a great steak house chain. And, of course there is the enclosed Glenbrook Mall out north.

if anyone can get all excited visiting Ft Wayne, I'd like to see that person.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 09-02-2006 at 12:01 PM..

Old 09-03-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:
James
Hate to say this but it is an old and encrusted dying town! But, on 24 is a nice outdoor mall. they have a Biaggi's restaurant (upscale Italian) and then O Charleys' which is a good place to eat lunch, Logan's a great steak house chain. And, of course there is the enclosed Glenbrook Mall out north.

if anyone can get all excited visiting Ft Wayne, I'd like to see that person.

You can say it, but you would just be expressing an opinion... and not fact.

It really depends on what type of entertainment you'd like.

A trip to the embassy and some fine dining. We have that.

Family fun at a baseball/hockey/basketball game with a trip through the mall and the food court? We have that here.

Getting some wings at Hooters and then a trip to some establishments for some Adult entertainment? We have that.

There is plenty to do here, you just have to know where to go and what to look for.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:26 PM

okay James. I admit that I am not a local there and probably would have to spend more time going around the town to get better acquainted with it.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:55 AM

Quote:
okay James. I admit that I am not a local there and probably would have to spend more time going around the town to get better acquainted with it.
I appreciate your honesty here. I really don't think Ft Wayne is the end all be all of cities - it really isn't. But there are a lot of great places to visit where you could spend at least a full weekend, if not more and never run out of things to do and enjoy. There is every type of entertainment here you could imagine... aside from pro sports.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:13 AM

James
you're an effective promoter of Ft Wayne and should be elected Mayor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne