Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM

12 posts, read 34,742 times

Advertisements

I just got my first salary job so I doubt I would get approved for a loan to get a house right now. I am graduating college so I don't have thousands saved for a house yet but I wish I did. You can get a nice house for a 100 grand here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 10:32 PM

121 posts, read 336,687 times
Canterbury Green offers great bang for your buck in regards to square footage and amenities, especially if you can get an "upgraded" unit (e.g. new appliances, car port, washer/dryer).

Old 07-13-2012, 09:09 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereinFW View Post
I just got my first salary job so I doubt I would get approved for a loan to get a house right now. I am graduating college so I don't have thousands saved for a house yet but I wish I did. You can get a nice house for a 100 grand here.
I wouldn't rush into buying a home (lots of reasons, but primarily that you just graduated/got your job) and yes $50k is a lot of money per year for this area so you will do great on just that income.

It is true that rental rates in Fort Wayne are very high compared to real estate values and a mortgage payment, but one needs to calculate all the additional costs of buying and then maintaining a home to see the real cost of ownership (and that real cost is substantially higher than renting even in this market).

Old 07-17-2012, 06:01 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
I wouldn't rush into buying a home (lots of reasons, but primarily that you just graduated/got your job) and yes $50k is a lot of money per year for this area so you will do great on just that income.

It is true that rental rates in Fort Wayne are very high compared to real estate values and a mortgage payment, but one needs to calculate all the additional costs of buying and then maintaining a home to see the real cost of ownership (and that real cost is substantially higher than renting even in this market).
Great post!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,031 times
Why would you build a life in Fort Wayne? There are better places to start a life in my opinion.

Last edited by Happy Action; 05-09-2013 at 09:44 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 12:03 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Following up as this thread was made active again: 1) Don't rush into starting a family, budget and live on the budget for at least a year or two before introducing kids into the picture; 2) Get pre-marital counseling or if already married, get marital counseling as soon as possible and discuss how you are going to deal with or are already dealing with financial concerns/issues as coming to sound agreement and understanding on these things earlier rather than later will help get you off to a great start for your marriage; lastly, 3) To the OP - Best of luck to you, and please follow-up on this thread when you have the chance a year or two down the road ;-)

Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 PM

62 posts, read 116,945 times
Good advice mbuszu ,liked the last one , that was funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne