Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:44 PM

38 posts, read 69,432 times

Advertisements

I would do Indy. We moved here from a bigger city and There isn't much to do here like in a big city. There is a cool zoo and science museum. I have lived in Philly, Austin, Dallas and Detroit yet this city has felt the least like home. I think that is due to the fact that I am not a far right conservative. This place was a rude awakening to me. If you belong to "their" church then you will do just fine here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 PM

13 posts, read 34,961 times
Default Disagree

You must live in an older suburban area. I think the people here are wonderful and extremely hospitable, and thats living in Chicago and Las Vegas for many years, plus there is a lot going on you just have to look for it. Free live music weekly downtown and Jefferson Pointe all summer long, and so many festivals of every type/interest, so again I must disagree with the last commenter. Also, so much shopping between Glenbrook Square & Jefferson Pointe.

-mj

Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 920 times
Hi could u help me do u know any apt are takeing section8 low income my daughter are looking for a 2 br apt. U we live in Chicago and don't no where 2 start.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:05 PM

13 posts, read 34,961 times
Latreco,

Try calling the Fort Wayne Housing Authority (260) 267-9300
I'm sure they'll be able to help you as the city has many, many options available.

-MJ

Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,952,374 times
Default Fort Wayne's Southwest side is your best bet

I recommend Fort Wayne's Southwest side - you'll have the best access to highway 69 (you definitely want this - by Exit 302 in particular), great/affordable housing (I'd look in the 46804 zip code), and if you pick your neighborhood wisely you'll have walking/jogging and biking paths to use. If you look in the 46804 zip code around the Coventry/Liberty Mills areas you'll see there is good shopping entertainment, and eating options right there. There's so much housing available you'll have great options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeno View Post
Hello:

I am possibly going to be making a move to Ft. Wayne with my wife.

- I am a manufacturers rep, my office will be where my home is, but I travel a lot (all over Indiana and more than likely Western Ohio). I need easy access to highways without a lot of headaches.

- We will look in the city first. We currently live in a vibrant, walkable, safe neighborhood in Pittsburgh, Pa (Bloomfield/Little Italy) where we have a large number of bars and restaurants within walking distance... We would like to find the same type of area in Ft. Wayne. What neighborhood would fit this description with access to highways?

- We currently pay $675 a month for a two bed 1 bath duplex (fairly low price for the area)...

Any info would be great...

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne