Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 03:24 PM

9 posts, read 23,261 times

Advertisements

I live in Tampa, Florida, but I'm planning a bridal shower for my Goddaughter in Fort Wayne. I've never been to a bridal shower there, so I have no idea. The bride is too shy to tell me what she would truly like. Can anybody give me some ideas?

I'm thinking 25-30 people. Maybe something rustic (but not a straight-up barn)? Goddaughter and her fiancee are both nature types, so park venues (but indoor) would be great. But I'm too old and cranky to be decorating a plain-jane classroom to make it look like a shower. Maybe a cabin venue?

Thanks for any ideas, folks. I'll never have a daughter of my own, so I'm super excited to plan this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,263,919 times
Many parks in Fort Wayne have pavilions you can rent. They range from simple, covered picnic areas to enclosed buildings with kitchens.
Pavilions

You could also check out some golf courses. I know Canterbury Green Golf Course has a clubhouse you can rent, but I'm not sure how expensive it is.

The Fox Island County Park rental facility is nice and is in a cool, wooded setting. Details are at the bottom of this page.
Allen County Parks » Rental Facilities

Old 05-31-2013, 04:06 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,980,836 times
Default Bridal shower & related Wedding event venues in Fort Wayne

Here's some quick hits online for information that might help you out for the Bridal Shower. I had a few minutes and just thought I might be able to help you out:

Fort Wayne Wedding Bridal Showers

Wedding Facilities

Non-Traditional Places to Get Married in Fort Wayne, Indiana - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Wedding Venues in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Fort Wayne Weddings & Ideas

Fort Wayne Bridal Events > Wedding Day Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by basiakal View Post
I live in Tampa, Florida, but I'm planning a bridal shower for my Goddaughter in Fort Wayne. I've never been to a bridal shower there, so I have no idea. The bride is too shy to tell me what she would truly like. Can anybody give me some ideas?

I'm thinking 25-30 people. Maybe something rustic (but not a straight-up barn)? Goddaughter and her fiancee are both nature types, so park venues (but indoor) would be great. But I'm too old and cranky to be decorating a plain-jane classroom to make it look like a shower. Maybe a cabin venue?

Thanks for any ideas, folks. I'll never have a daughter of my own, so I'm super excited to plan this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne