Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:13 PM

6 posts, read 16,763 times

Advertisements

I've actually shifted away from Bridgedale. They tack on monthly fees to the rent and were pushy getting me to send a deposit sight unseen. Kind of turned me off.

Now looking closer to downtown (intersection of Archer and Andrew). Thoughts on that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 04:47 PM

9 posts, read 17,342 times
I don't know if I would rule out Bridgedale just yet. I would visit the complex first and decide if you like the location and the apartments. You could check out Willowcreek and Winchester Woods also within just a few hours since they are nearby.
Is it possible to send a couple days in Fort Wayne to see if there is an area you like better than others?
My experience has been that it is difficult to find a place to live just by looking online. Sometimes things are not what they appear to be. ( I have moved twice in six months- a lot of places look nice but the surrounding neighborhood is not)

I do not believe there is an apartment complex near Archer and Andrews. You are probably looking at a house made into a duplex or triplex. As long as you are aware of that, it is not a bad neighborhood. Usually the homes have 11 or 14 foot ceilings which I love but there is a large number of rental homes nearby. Of course this may be what you are after. I don't know.
The area does have more petty crime than Waynedale does but petty crime can be found anywhere. Remember though, I moved away 6 months ago so things change. Just look your car doors and your cds should be okay.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:11 PM

Yeah, it is a duplex where I inhabit the lower unit. Coming from Memphis, just about anywhere is safer!

Old 03-25-2015, 07:17 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortWayneBound View Post
Yeah, it is a duplex where I inhabit the lower unit. Coming from Memphis, just about anywhere is safer!
The area you're talking about is just fine and much closer to downtown Fort Wayne the Waynedale. It's also more of a drive to the area you said your job would be located. I'm sure you realize all that so I'm not giving you new information. Otherwise, that area is pretty conveniently located to a lot. The northside and Glenbrook/Coliseum area, the Jefferson Pointe area, and downtown. It's a few blocks but it's walkable to groceries, Speedway or Circle K, Dairy Queen, Arbys, even a branch of the public library are there around Sherman and State.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:00 AM

Wow...

The apartment at Archer and Andrew did not work out. Antique appliances and upstairs neighbors that have a band that jams until 5 AM. Upon telling the landlord of the neighbors, he just decided "this isn't going to work out."

Welp. I am back at the Bridgedale Terrace Apartments. No jam bands for neighbors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne