U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 11:34 AM

4,578 posts, read 5,207,412 times

Advertisements

Glad you like it and thanks for the update!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,232 times
AJ1957

Well, it's been a couple of years since you moved into Park Place (I assume that's where you're living). Do you still have a good opinion of it? Has there been anything done with Centlivre?
I've been looking all over Fort Wayne for a place and reading statistics. It seems impossible to figure out which areas are safest.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:05 PM

3,451 posts, read 1,394,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1947 View Post
AJ1957

Well, it's been a couple of years since you moved into Park Place (I assume that's where you're living). Do you still have a good opinion of it? Has there been anything done with Centlivre?
I've been looking all over Fort Wayne for a place and reading statistics. It seems impossible to figure out which areas are safest.
I sold the condo in June actually. Paid 20K in 2016 sold it by owner for 26K.

Yeah Centlivre is now "luxury" rentals. Geared towards millenials.

I ADORED my wee condo and that neighborhood and section of town. Adored it. FW in general is great in my opinion, if one wants a low key kinda city.

I didn't adore the neighbors. Low class folk generally, and some actual white trash, more than a few. Also many owners rented their units to lowlifes under a guise of "land contract".

I ended up back in NC despite hating the south, only can handle it because I'll be in the center of 37 wooded acres with no close neighbors. Condo living made me realize how much I hate people.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 1,232 times
AJ1957..so glad you replied to my question. I know exactly how you feel about neighbors. I'm still looking online in Ft Wayne. I find most of the houses are built so close to each other there is simply no privacy. Many of the older homes do have bigger yards but then you can expect to spend more on updating. At this point, I'm thinking about renting a tiny apt/condo and hanging out for a while. Just to see what the "vibe" is like in FW.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:33 AM

3,451 posts, read 1,394,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1947 View Post
AJ1957..so glad you replied to my question. I know exactly how you feel about neighbors. I'm still looking online in Ft Wayne. I find most of the houses are built so close to each other there is simply no privacy. Many of the older homes do have bigger yards but then you can expect to spend more on updating. At this point, I'm thinking about renting a tiny apt/condo and hanging out for a while. Just to see what the "vibe" is like in FW.
I loved it. No real traffic, SO CHEAP, neat old houses, neat downtown, safe unless you go into the ghetto. Shootings/violent crime confined to thug-on-thug. I saw a fair amt of shooting in the news but the victim was always a gangbanger, never a normal citizen.

Unfortunately the condos like I say were full of lowlife types, and the nice senior citizens. Not really much in between; there were the awesome solid citizens, mainly aged 70+, and the rest were either mentally ill (not joking, I mean obviously mentally ill as in talked to themselves/ were delusional/hoarders) and living in condos owned by a relative, or straight up low rent folks renting from owners who didn't give a damn. The condo board was very ineffective and did little to stop this. I am classist and cannot and have never before that lived amongst riffraff and that was the main reason I sold.

But that section of town was super. SO convenient to everything and safe. Had I not had a chance to live as a hermit on the side of Ironmonger Mtn here in (puke) NC I'd have looked for a senior apartment to rent and stayed in FW.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:33 PM

21 posts, read 50,980 times
I have also been thinking of relocating to Ft Wayne, and have been looking at some of the Park Place condos that come up for sale on Zillow...thanks for the above info...decent neighbors are also important to me. Anyone have comments on the Carrington Pointe mobile home park?...that was another place I've been looking into. Trying to keep below 100k.... some of the older houses look really nice, but I don't want a lot of renovation or upkeep involved. Thanks

Old 03-14-2019, 05:14 PM

237 posts, read 102,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogram51 View Post
I have also been thinking of relocating to Ft Wayne, and have been looking at some of the Park Place condos that come up for sale on Zillow...thanks for the above info...decent neighbors are also important to me. Anyone have comments on the Carrington Pointe mobile home park?...that was another place I've been looking into. Trying to keep below 100k.... some of the older houses look really nice, but I don't want a lot of renovation or upkeep involved. Thanks

You can get a nice starter home in FW for 100k...it will be older but still pretty decent. As far as mobile homes go, well, I think most of the cheaper ones are rather run down. The news look ok now but not sure how long they will stay that way. The new mobile homes seem to be going for 80-90k from what I've seen.

What zip code/neighborhoods are you really looking at?

I don't know much about Park Place condos but reading some reviews apparently there's a lot of complaints about them being cheaply renovated.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the input, BB1234! Just looking for me, so a small 2-bdrm, 1or 2 bath even less than 1000 sq ft would be fine....and a garage, if possible....and a good neighborhood is important!! A yard would be nice, but clearing the snow brings back memories of growing up in Southfield, Mi!! In my 60s now, so the thought of maintenance being taken care of seems better all the time!! Living in the Pismo Beach, Ca area now...but the income isn't matching the real estate prices, and am just renting a mobile home at the present. Have gotten spoiled with the weather here over the years, and wondering if I could re-aclimate. I'm the pianist at a local Methodist church, so finding a similar position in Ft Wayne would be nice...doesn't seem to be a shortage of churches there!

Old 03-16-2019, 06:08 PM

237 posts, read 102,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogram51 View Post
Thanks for the input, BB1234! Just looking for me, so a small 2-bdrm, 1or 2 bath even less than 1000 sq ft would be fine....and a garage, if possible....and a good neighborhood is important!! A yard would be nice, but clearing the snow brings back memories of growing up in Southfield, Mi!! In my 60s now, so the thought of maintenance being taken care of seems better all the time!! Living in the Pismo Beach, Ca area now...but the income isn't matching the real estate prices, and am just renting a mobile home at the present. Have gotten spoiled with the weather here over the years, and wondering if I could re-aclimate. I'm the pianist at a local Methodist church, so finding a similar position in Ft Wayne would be nice...doesn't seem to be a shortage of churches there!

Well Ft. Wayne is known as The City of Churches lol!

Most places in Ft. Wayne are pretty safe except for 46806 and 46803...I like to check crime stats to see what is going on in any given area. There are lots of night smaller homes/yard in the 46825 and 46805 zip codes...46808 is ok too but some areas are a bit sketchy.

Last edited by Yac; 11-26-2020 at 04:20 AM..

Old 03-19-2019, 11:00 AM

Thanks again, BB!...I should get back there one of these days and eyeball the areas! I've seen a few places listed now and then near the river, and that sounds kind of nice...wonder what the skeeters are like there, though, haha. Don't have them here, guess they don't like the coast! And utilities...I imagine heating and cooling can get up there depending on the seasons...and some with all electric...some gas and electric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne