Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 08:02 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,037 times

Advertisements

Open this site: Rocket NXT (American Legal Publishing Corp.)

For openers, go to Chapter 72 .. Parking, Stopping, Standing .. start to read through all those ordinances - and any other that might apply (that is the complete list of Ft Wayne ordinances - the Noise ones might be the ticket too) till you find a way to report this horrible person who is ruining your lives and get rid of her forever so she won't interfere with you paying the bills you owe so you can buy an RV and get out of there.

The point is there ARE ordinances in Ft Wayne and one of them will indeed cover this situation I am sure. If not, then check with local authorities to find out if a county or state code already covers this situation. If that is not the case (though I am fairly sure someone does cover it already), then I would attend city council sessions till they come up with one!

And by the way Tanya .. you really didn't have to tell us exactly what she is yelling for us to get the picture you were trying to paint.

Last edited by Aery11; 12-27-2016 at 08:11 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 03:41 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,477,418 times
Maggie Smith, The Lady in the Van. Eventually moved into a driveway because the van could not be lived in on the street.

The police may not feel the need to involve themselves but the squeaky but reasonable voice might still find someone at Adult Protective Care (or other name) in Ft. Wayne. Note: it is cold enough or will be shortly to require heat in Ft. Wayne.

I input "Ft. Wayne Adult Protective Services" and got a bunch.

Now many times the problem is the person reporting the probem just says "SOMEONE needs to do something." It sure helps if there are clear documented facts. Keep a diary and provide it.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:42 AM

666 posts, read 642,850 times
According to one of your other threads, you've only been at your current place for 3 weeks, have no hot water or heat, and a basement full of sewage. It may be best to just move on and leave the screaming 90 year old lady behind?

Old 12-28-2016, 03:51 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,534 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I think she has mental heath issues. APS (Adult Protective Services) may be of help.

I feel sorry for this woman.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-01-2017 at 06:51 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 04:50 AM

483 posts, read 1,221,783 times
You should've minded your own business and not called the cops on her for living in her garage to begin with. That's what you get for being one of those nosy neighbors who calls the cops for things that have nothing to do with them in the first place. Most people, especially ones like that, have enough problems to deal with on their own without neighbors and other third parties making things worse for them.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:42 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidex View Post
You should've minded your own business and not called the cops on her for living in her garage to begin with. That's what you get for being one of those nosy neighbors who calls the cops for things that have nothing to do with them in the first place. Most people, especially ones like that, have enough problems to deal with on their own without neighbors and other third parties making things worse for them.
Have one of your neighbors get evicted, have the house go in distress, and tell me you don't call someone to get someone to cut the grass, clean up the garbage (which promotes roaches, ants, rats, mice and a host of other pests) and then let someone tell you to mind your own business.... That'll go over real well...

Old 12-28-2016, 10:30 AM

564 posts, read 677,666 times
This was the same sort of situation my senior next door neighbor was in, with his house in distress, from around last May until September. He cooked on a grill, slept in a tent or car if raining, put out his garbage, walked or rode a bus to the store, still cut his lawn, and I think he was washing his clothes, and showering somewhere, because he did'nt look dirty. I minded my own business, yet I was always friendly everyday. He always returned my greeting with a wave and smile, never complained, or bothered anyone. Of course I would have helped him if he asked, and if I was able, but he never did! I did not call the police, but I always kept a look out for him everyday to make sure he was alright. I would worry about what he would do when the weather turned cold, because if I thought his survival was threatened, and he did'nt seem well, then I would have called the police. He left before it turned cold though.

Last edited by glenninindy; 12-28-2016 at 11:17 AM..

Old 01-01-2017, 03:58 PM

60 posts, read 51,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
You put her in that position when you called the cops on her for being in her garage. This is what you get for not minding your own damn business. And no there is nothing that you can do.

As for the threats, she is probably saying that because she knows that you called about her being in the garage.
I am sorry, but what? For one, how did I call the cops on her, without even knowing it? And also, it IS my business! This is MY HOME AND MY CHILDREN'S LIVES!

Old 01-01-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
According to one of your other threads, you've only been at your current place for 3 weeks, have no hot water or heat, and a basement full of sewage. It may be best to just move on and leave the screaming 90 year old lady behind?
Indeed. But move to where? The next place we move to is going to have problems too. Every place we live in the States. Sooooo tired of this. We have done NOTHING wrong, and are forced to be gypsies moving about from place to place ever other month. It is not fair.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Actually, Ft. Wayne does have homeless shelters and a web page to search for services.

Fort Wayne Homeless Shelters and Services - Fort Wayne IN Homeless Shelters - Fort Wayne Indiana Homeless Shelters

http://www.211northeastindiana.org

And if there's music blasting from the van, it's a violation of city codes.

http://library.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Indiana/ftwayne/titleixgeneralregulations/chapter96noisecontrolandothersensorycont?f=templat es$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:fortwayne_in$anc =JD_96.03

Even if this neighbor continues to bother you why would you leave the state instead of moving to another part of Ft. Wayne?

BTW... Ft. Wayne is nowhere near a snow belt.
We already discussed this. Shelters have a minimum 9 months wait list. And none of them are mandatory. Violation of city codes? So what? Those do not mean anything. Why leave the state? Why would we stay in an uncivilised state with no laws or protection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne