U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 03:09 PM

18 posts, read 14,907 times

Advertisements

Kind of a random question, but I was just looking at greatschools.net. When I first came to Fort Wayne, I went to Holland Elementary School. My teacher was good, my brother's was kind of a dud. She didn't do anything when he was getting beat up, and the principal and the assistant didn't care, either. I don't remember the assistant principal, but I saw school reviews from the past when people complained about this particular lady.

When were looking for a house, every realtor my dad met with he complained about Holland and made it known he didn't want to be with a school like that. A lady realtor even said her son went there from K to 5, and had this look on her face like never again. Another incident involved was when my mom was in the waiting room with two women for my brother's speech therapy. This lady was scoffing at Holland claiming they care so much about responsibility or respect. Another lady said she lived next door to two substitute teachers, and they refuse to sub at Holland because the teachers and the students don't care.

I ended up going to Whispering Meadows, and it was a godsend. The academics, parent involvement, the principal, and teachers were mostly good. But...

I looked at the greatschool ratings, and Whispering Meadows had a 6/10 rating, and Holland had a 9/10 rating. What has changed to make Whisperings Meadows and Holland different?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
View detailed profiles of: