Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,265 times

Advertisements

Fort Wayne used to be a great city! Large corporations... great jobs... taverns on every corner.... Not anymore. And we have our local government to thank for that...

I want to be very clear that I do not represent any party or affiliation. I represent myself who, as an individual, doesn't want a stinkin' stadium downtown... who likes to have a drink on occasion, and thinks it's up to the individual who chooses to light up or not.

I have made it my crusade to help others (especially younger people) understand that hating the president doesn't do anything for you... it is the 9 Fort Wayne City Council Members that decide what happens in your everyday life. THAT'S PRETTY SCARY!

I admit, I've never voted. I've never cared. But as I'm having more and more of my rights taken away, you better believe I'm starting to care!!! And I'm starting to understand that the people who run our daily lives only get voted in on 300-500 votes. That's like 2 to 3 bars' patrons! That's nothing!

I've had a lot of people ask me how to vote and who to vote for. I'm more than happy to help anyone and everyone to understand how to make an informed decision.

I will say, though.... there is one person that I believe needs to be taken out of office and that's City Councilman Crawford. You can thank him for no smoking. You can thank him for the stadium downtown. You can thank him for increased taxes. Pretty much if it sucks, you can thank him for that too!

Anyhoo, I had heard of the "primary" election before... but I didn't think it was all that important. But now I understand that this is the election that makes and breaks the people that will end up governing us. This election is May 6th, but you have to become a registered voter by April 3rd.

I've heard a lot of people say that they don't vote because they don't want to serve jury duty. That was me. Then I was called to jury duty. Talk about being surprised! But guess what? If you have a driver's license, you could be called for jury duty. May as well vote!

All right. That's all I have to say. Except that I'm tired of this City stinking, and I believe it can be great again! Please help me by learning about voting, and making a difference!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
View detailed profiles of: