Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 07:58 PM

20 posts, read 63,589 times

Advertisements

My husband and I live in a 2/2 apartment in Bedford, TX. The complex was built in 1983 i think it was. Our apartment is something around 980 square feet and our average electric bill is $250. Last summer it went up insanely high and so far we have been able to prevent it from going too high, but the first day of summer is monday.

So, my question is... if anyone out there lives in a 2/2 or apartment that is around 980 square feet, what is your average electric bill? whether your building was built in 1983 or 2010... just wondering.

We do have other factors other than an old building, we run a lot of electronics and keep our air kind of low...

Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
we run a lot of electronics and keep our air kind of low...
if you won't change your habits, how can you expect lower bills
you know what your are doing that is causing high useage
lower your usage and HOPEFULLY you will get lower bills
BUT if your apt complex bills you vs you being allowed to choose an elec provider then you are at the mercy of the apt complex as far as rate--they can and often do add a price INCREASE to the rate they are charged by their provider...if their rate goes down they are not obligated to pass that along to you

gas rates are down so many elec providers have lowered their rates and still have fairly cheap prices

go to some of the sites that show providers/prices/their feedback ratings
IF you can choose your own elec provider--maybe you want to switch

Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 PM

20 posts, read 63,589 times
ok, well... we do know what we are doing and have changed quite a bit since last summer and yes, the bills have gone down. We were able to choose our own electric company. Everything is electric, there is no gas.

I in no way mean to be rude, but i didnt post to be told to change my ways... I was just curious as to what other electric bills were running. Pure curiosity.

Thank you for responding though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth