Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 07:23 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,585,380 times

Advertisements

got busy doing something else last night and forgot to watch/DVR the game...

glad for them they finally showed they could play with the big dogs....
hopefully some of that fight will still be around when they play UCLA and hopefully go back to back with the title game...

talk about "Kodak moment"!
Mr and Mrs Curry are probably pretty proud -- not that they weren't before--but that was stellar come-through-in-the-clutch performance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 06:53 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,179,496 times
The horned frogs are spectacular. They've just tied up the UCLA series so tomorrow will tell the tale if they get to play in the championship series.

The announcers have made several references to how Omaha has adopted TCU as their team. An aside, in part for having beat the ten ton gorilla Texas in the super regional.

It's fun watching them. They play UCLA in the elimination game Saturday at either 2 or 7 eastern time.

If they keep this up those frogs may become a Prince.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 PM

I keep reading, hearing how humble, nice, dedicated, team-spirited these young athletes are--and I hope it is true
I am so tired of reading/hearing about talented athletes with skills, and opportunities but burdened with no sense of responsiblity and egos bigger than Oklahoma City---

I am not saying that TCU is the only team at the CWS who are the good guys--but their coach seems to be someone who is one of the best coaches at the college level--not just because he can enlist players with talent and put them on the track to win...but because they seem to respect each other and themselves as human beings...not just athletes...a big step forward in my book...

TCU had at least 3 questionable calls against them in today's game (and I mean just plain WRONG)--but the players in question handled them with good grace for the most part--
there was really no showmanship about being disgusted with the call, no drama in the dugout throwing helmets or kicking water coolers, no dirty plays once the other team was available for revenge...
they just dug in and played harder...
major leaguers could learn a think or two from the Froggies of TCU

Old 06-26-2010, 10:52 PM

unfortunately TCU and Team USD both went down in their respective fields today...

Old 06-27-2010, 09:19 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,230,326 times
Congrats on a frikin' awesome season TCU. UH fans were pulling for you, and secretly we hope to get your assistant coach haha We always love it when y'all stick it to the horns in any sport! But more seriously hope both of us end up in a BCS conference in the near future where we rightfully belong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth