U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 PM

31 posts, read 85,442 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Keller in a few months and we like both neighborhoods! We're looking in the 250k-275k range.I know very little about each though but was curious if anyone knew of any negatives on either of them or plus's for that matter. We have two young children and looking for an active community lifestyle(hike and bike,activities, parks and pool). I will have a long commute to Arlington but I'm used to it anyway! I'd really appreciate any help you may have. Thx!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 12:48 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,175,091 times
The biggest negative I have with Crawford farms is the location. The roads over there are a mess. Golden Triangle is going to be widened but they have yet to start the project yet. The neighborhood itself is very nice, but the area around it is frankly very junky. (also the middle school is not the best in the best)

Heritage is very nice and has alot of amenties etc... it's in a very good location and is seeing alot of growth. The roads in and out are very good.
It is very big and the school zones have really been in flux and changing. so use the KISD site to see exactly what schools your kids will attend. Heritage feeds into 3 different HS depending on what neighborhood you are in. I would look for houses in Either the Central HS zone or Timbercreek HS zone.

Geeting to Arlington will be a bear from either place.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Thanks 5stones! That's pretty much my thoughts exactly from what I've seen briefly about the Crawford area. Great info on the schools as well. thx again!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:03 PM

for a better commute have you looked in North Richland Hills area? (NRH)
If you really want KISD schools, the northren part of NRH (Brandonwood, Glen Forest etc...) off of North Tarrant PKY are in the KISD attendence zone.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:07 PM

We did briefly but not in detail. We do want to stay in KISD. I'll check on those communities as well. A closer drive would be great!THX!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,105,639 times
I have friends in both. One has a Meritage home in Crawford Farms that is very nice and one in the Bluffs in Heritage. We considered both when we moved here from Northern California, but moved out more towards the country for land.

There is a lot of growth in the area and while yes, the portion of 1709 which is considered Golden Triangle is rough in spots, they have been working on the expansion plans for the last two years. Heritage is nice because there are so many services so close. Even being 15 mins away, we still travel to Heritage a couple of times a week for swimming and piano lessons. The retail is a plus as long as the swimming complex and water parks/parks throughout the community.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:31 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,105,639 times
Also my friend in Crawford Farms, who's daughter goes to the new exemplary elementary had her kindergarten teacher email her EVERY night with the days activities. They are in the KISD. While I love my exemplary NWISD school, I was very jealous of that type of interaction!!

Old 07-12-2010, 01:30 PM

295 posts, read 889,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile1 View Post
We're moving to Keller in a few months and we like both neighborhoods! We're looking in the 250k-275k range.I know very little about each though but was curious if anyone knew of any negatives on either of them or plus's for that matter. We have two young children and looking for an active community lifestyle(hike and bike,activities, parks and pool). I will have a long commute to Arlington but I'm used to it anyway! I'd really appreciate any help you may have. Thx!
I lived in both (rented in Crawford farms for a while, then bought a house at the Bluffs). I was never too crazy about the surroundings of Crawford Farms, especially the north and west side of Golden Triangle. Some trailer homes and an oil recycling plant, etc. The road itself is a mess and don't you dare try go up Old Denton Rd to Golden Triangle or you will be sitting there for an hour waiting for your turn. The city of Fort worth was breaking ground to expand the road 2 years ago but something else might have come up because they did not move forward. Heh, they took a year and a half to put a traffic light on North Beach and Heritage Trace Pkwy, I would say give it 5 years for them to expand Golden Triangle!

Anyway, if I could do it all over again I might have looked harder at Hidden Lakes or Southlake because yes, that combination of FW taxes and KISD kills you every year. Too expensive and little in return (outside of the Keller school of course!).

Old 07-12-2010, 08:42 PM

73 posts, read 203,807 times
My husband and I looked at homes in both areas and settled on Heritage. For us, like others have mentioned, the area surrounding Crawford Farms is not that attractive. Additionally, Heritage offers more amenities (spray parks, pools, walking paths, tennis courts) and is much more convenient to shopping and restaurants.
I also commute to the Arlington/Pantego area and 820 can be brutal in the section where 377 merges, but once you get past the split it usually clears up.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I would say give it 5 years for them to expand Golden Triangle!
LOL I hear it ya! It drives me INSANE everytime I drive it. Such an EASY expansion and it sits.
North Richland Hills and Keller have moved forward with the North Tarrant expansion and it was just approved not to long ago. Golden Triangle was approved and graded over 2 years ago. Then there is the Alta Vista mess over there as well.

Crawford farms is a very nice neighborhood but the location is aweful. That whole area (Woodland springs too) is a traffic nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth