Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 06:02 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,716 times

Advertisements

Just found out that they are illegal in Tarrant County which honestly is a little disappointing . Have they always been illegal? Is it strictly because of the drought?

I grew up with yearly doing fireworks in front of my house. Granted they weren't anything big and certainly not what you can get here in Texas, but I hate to think what I took for granted as a family tradition, I won't be able to pass along to my daughter. Yes, we can start new ones, I just figured that they would have something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 07:07 PM

103 posts, read 676,138 times
You can go on the outskirts where they are legal? But, personally...I HATE THEM!! Sadly, people STILL set them off around here even though they are illegal.

With this said. There are plenty of public firework shows you can visit. Fort Worth does have a good one! Also, check out the following information from the Dallas Morning News:

QUAD CITIES FAMILY 4TH: The cities of North Richland Hills, Haltom City, Richland Hills and the Quad Cities DFW Foundation will host a free fireworks show on July 4. The show will start at 9:30 p.m. and will last 20 minutes. The fireworks can be seen from the parking lots of Wiley G. Thomas Coliseum, 6108 Broadway Ave. in Haltom City, and the ATI Career Training Center, 6351 Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Parking is free. Patriotic music will be simulcast live during the show on KDKR-FM (91.3). Bring chairs, blankets, picnic baskets, food, nonalcoholic drinks and games to play while waiting for fireworks. No outdoor cooking or grilling devices will be permitted. For information, call 817-281-9376.

STARS AND STRIPES: The Southlake Independence Day celebration will be from 5 to 10 p.m. July 3 at Southlake Town Square, 1256 Main St. The free event includes face painting, balloon art, arts and crafts and entertainment provided by the Southlake Community Band. Fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. Food will be sold. Bring blankets and lawn chairs. No alcoholic beverages or glass containers allowed.

Perhaps you can start your own family tradition, and then end the day at a public fireworks show.

Here is more information:

NRH City Highlights (http://www.nrhtx.com/nrhnews_july42006.aspx - broken link)

Stars and Stripes (http://www.cityofsouthlake.com/SouthlakeGovernment/City_Departments/Community_Services/Recreation/SpecialEvents/StarsAndStripes.asp - broken link)

City of Fort Worth Texas - Departments

Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
They weren't illegal here when I was a kid in the 50s and 60s, but they are now. The drought is OVER. I think the bottle-rockets landing on wood-shingle roofs did fireworks in, after a few houses went up in flames.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:46 AM

We had that too where I was in N. CA a lot of people using bottle rockets when there were a lot of shingle roofs. Fire=Wood..anyway...they had even outlawed sparklers which I always thought was mamby pamby. Now to know my beloved county doesn't allow them in Texas...sigh..

My husband told me that I guess that just means that we have to celebrate July 4th out of town or somewhere else

Of course, I am not talking about M80s or anything like that, but simple nice cone type fireworks is so much fun.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:05 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Bedford and North Richland Hills both have pretty decent firework displays on the 4th. We watch them from our back yard (for Bedford) and front yard (for NRH).

Old 06-25-2007, 11:56 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Out of the city limits is pretty typical throughout the state. Last year several entire counties banned them w/ the drought. We were still allowed to do them out at the lake and always do a TON! Be careful buying them across the city limit or countyline and putting them in your car and coming BACK over the line. They do and will stop you.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:39 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Just found out that they are illegal in Tarrant County which honestly is a little disappointing . Have they always been illegal? Is it strictly because of the drought?

I grew up with yearly doing fireworks in front of my house. Granted they weren't anything big and certainly not what you can get here in Texas, but I hate to think what I took for granted as a family tradition, I won't be able to pass along to my daughter. Yes, we can start new ones, I just figured that they would have something.
I love fireworks! I want more fireworks and bigger and better fireworks,
BOOM BANG keep em comming

Old 06-25-2007, 05:47 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,296,034 times
When I was growing up there, you could set them off outside of city limits however, I was in the DFW area for Christmas 2005 and it was so dry they outlawed them...they were having problems with fires...that whole incident might have changed how they deal with them.

The summer is pretty dry there so I would make sure before you assume rules are still current. I would call your local fire department...

One of the worst things in Texas is a grass fire out of control in the summer...I used to dispatch for the police and fire department.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:47 PM

I definately agree that I wouldn't want any grass fires or any property damage and you need to be smart to use them. I have seen some real idiots over the years.

The good thing is that is has been so wet here - we are in flash flood warning again this week until Wednesday. The bad thing is everything else that goes with that as well.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:59 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,919 times
Default Ready For The 4th

Are you ready??

Last edited by junkman18; 09-03-2007 at 09:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth