Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 PM

77 posts, read 218,361 times

Advertisements

We are new to Ft. Worth and want to visit Sundance Square. What are some of your favorite restaurants there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 07:50 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Reatta is one of my favorites but we don't eat there that often...
Daddy Jack's we go to quite a bit--it is good--reasonably priced--
Uno, Ferre, and Taverna we have eaten at quite a few times--Taverna/Ferre defintely more upscale--I did not like Uno's really much at all
PF Chang's of course is a chain but the food at downtown is consistently well-prepared but the service can vary--sometimes I find the wait staff really snooty

Cowtown Diner we ate at couple of times--ok--tea was good--busy place at lunch and noisy--

8.0 has pretty good food for someplace most people go to for drinks and music

Razoo's -- chain restaurnt--loud--most everything is fried--

Mi Cocina--tex-mex with a twist--lots of different sauces for the dishes you can pick/choose--I don't care for their hot sauce and last few times we were there the chips were kind of stale--but it has a large menu and has an upscale look to it

My hsuband eats at Zippy's a lot for lunch and he likes it--unpretentious and small--gets crowded easy at lunch

Cantina Laredo is chain==this location is nice looking--food is ok--

have not been to the Chop House or Pirana but both are supposed to be good

one of the best places to eat in Sundance is Petroleum Club which is private--

Riscky's does BBQ but on Fridays they do fried catfish and my husband says it is really good--have not been down to try that...

north of Sundance they have the Brazilian type restaurant--Texas de Brazil
and there are some great restaurants in the Stockyards'

new restaurant we have not eaten at called Grace that is at 777 Main st which is past the Bass so it is technically not in Sundance--has what is called "wine me, dine me" menu for fixed price that gets positive comments

also have Del Frisco's steak house in south part of downtown
and Ruth Chris's--
lots of good food technically not in Sundance--

Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
I have a client on Sundance Square; we eat a Reatta's. Its cowboy cuisine; a bit pricey but great. Love it. Also Riscky's is great for casual. I thought I read it was closing but can't remember for sure.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 AM

Billy Miner's is the one closing--
and Reatta does not serve "cowboy" fare like chuckwagon beans and biscuits
it has upscale, creative Southwestern cuisine--
the original chef Grady Spears is pretty well known and the ones that came after him are not Burger Chef material...
http://www.reata.net/fort-worth-restaurant.html

Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
Thumbs up Reata calls its food "Cowboy Cuisine"

I've been eating a Reata since it opened. Very good "southwestern" cooking which, in the restaurant they tell you is cowboy cuisine. I just googled Reata and look at all the references to cowboy cuisine....which is fine dining....not chuckwagon.

Welcome to Reata Restaurants

Cuisine inspired by cowboy cooking at Reata Restaurant is a melding of flavors: Southwestern, Creole, Southern, and a traditional Steak House provide a ...
Welcome to Reata Restaurants - Cached - Similar
Reata Southwest Cookbook
Reata: Legendary Texas Cuisine features 150 recipes that would make even the most cosmopolitan food lover yearn for cowboy cuisine. Familiar Texas fare is ...
Reata Southwest Cookbook - Cached - Similar
Show more results from Welcome to Reata Restaurants
Amazon.com: A Cowboy in the Kitchen: Recipes from Reata and Texas ...
You see, at the Reata Restaurant in West Texas, hot new chef Grady Spears is cooking cowboy cuisine with an emphasis on the cuisine. ...
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more › ... › US Regional › West - Cached - Similar
Amazon.com: Reata: Legendary Texas Cooking (9781580089067): Mike ...
--Tom Perini, owner of the Perini Ranch Steakhouse and author of Texas Cowboy Cooking “This group of recipes is an excellent collection of Reata's best. ...
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more › ... › US Regional › Southwest - Cached - Similar
Show more results from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
A Cowboy in the Kitchen: Recipes from Reata and Texas West of the ...
The popularity of the authentic West Texas cowboy cuisine at Reata took off like a herd spooked by lightning and Grady Spears was soon a nine-year ...
A Cowboy in the Kitchen: Recipes from Reata and Texas West of the Pecos Austin Food - AustinChronicle.com - Cached

Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM

295 posts, read 948,939 times
I've been to the Chop house and it's good! I liked their service and food was fresh and well prepared. Very tasty.

I've also been to UNO and I've had better pizza at BJs, Boston's or others... even at other UNO pizzerias!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 PM

did not mean to offend
I just did not want the OP to think that Reatta's was some lame Traildust type of place...
Reatta itself does place lot of emphasis on its Southwestern heritage with food and decor playing up the cowboy theme...but the food is anything but "chow"...

Old 08-12-2010, 07:37 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,695,460 times
Taverna is pretty solid all around--ambiance, food, etc.

If you're beer enthusiasts don't miss the Flying Saucer. You can build a "flight" (5, 5 ounce beers) and learn a lot about different types of ales and lagers.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Reata is my VERY favorite restaurant in downtown FW! We love their food, and their rooftop bar is just amazing! We eat at the downtown location a couple of times a year, and I always enjoy at least one dinner at Reata at the Rodeo during Stock Show.

If you are looking for something romantic and you have 2 hours or so, try Simply Fondue. It's right down the street from Bass Hall (in the basement) and is very good. Even if you just go for the dessert or cheese fondues, you will not be dissappointed!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:22 PM

forgot about Simply Fondue--we have not been to that location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth