Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,563 times

Advertisements

I have found 3 snakes same ting, nex time I will take picture and share. now wen don't use shower I put shampoo bottle on top of drain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 01:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
while I think those small snakes might have come in with the cat--once I poured bleach down the shower drain we never had any more problems

Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 AM

556 posts, read 1,563,206 times
Just want to say thanks for this thread, ~ with a shudder ~ it has probably prevented at least 237 households from relocating to Texas.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 AM

391 posts, read 922,788 times
Where in Texas is this happening? I live in Houston and have never heard of snakes coming through the sewer lines *knock on wood, knock on wood, knock on wood*. I HATE snakes and if I saw one while I was in the shower, all of Texas would simultaneously know due to the earth shattering scream that could be heard in a 1000 mile radius!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 AM

8 posts, read 22,620 times
IF you are on a septic line very likely I know someone who opened the lid to find a water moccassin!!!GRASS snakes wouldn't worry me,I'm from TEJAS {TEXAS}.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,317 times
We found a brown snake, just over two feet long, in our bathtub. There was no way to get into the tub otherwise and in fact, its tail was still down the drain some when discovered. The drain plug is a sort of pop-up/pop down with four pie-shaped holes allowing space for the snake to easily get in but then it was not big/long enough to clear the tub itself. We live in a nice home...in a nice neighborhood in Conyers., GA but have a septic tank system. Under the house there were no leaks...no breaks. We had a plumber come out who then ran a metal snake with light and camera on the end and it went out to the septic tank showing no leaks in that direct line but the response was that the drain field was loaded with places there could have been a break or opening and that it could happen again so just keep a tight plug in the hole. It's a very nice marble tub but has recently become a very unattractive place to take a bath so....think we need a more permanent answer. Any suggestions most welcome.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:58 PM

234 posts, read 288,671 times
I hope you find the entry point and simply block it. As you said, these little snakes are harmless, and they play an important part in the ecosystem. To simply, mindlessly destroy them makes no sense whatsoever, and the suggestion of putting bleach on them is horrible. These creatures can feel pain like any other living creature. Please do not kill them needlessly. There is a group in the metroplex that helps with pesky animals such as squirrels, starlings, snakes. I cannot recall their name, but if you do a search on-line, I am sure you can find them pretty easily.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
I've never seen a snake in the plumbing but have had cockroaches and scorpions. The answer is simple... close the stopper on your sinks or tub.

Then there are those Brown Striped sewer snakes that plumbers turn loose in homes to clear out drains. They multiple like crazy once they get into the sewer lines.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 AM

24,519 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Southern Germany - my home town paper just had an article about a 10 foot python curled up IN a toilet. Leave the lids down!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:49 PM

226 posts, read 483,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I've never seen a snake in the plumbing but have had cockroaches and scorpions. The answer is simple... close the stopper on your sinks or tub.

Then there are those Brown Striped sewer snakes that plumbers turn loose in homes to clear out drains. They multiple like crazy once they get into the sewer lines.
Say what! i am a plumber and i have never hear that one, Plumber snakes YESS but brown striped snakes? that's a new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth