Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 AM

21 posts, read 36,028 times

Advertisements

Moving to Ft. Worth from the east coast...pretty excited! All I've ever known is NJ. Which, has it's positives, but IMO, more negatives = ] Anyway, I have some questions & hoping someone could give me a little info! Thankssss = ]

1) Here I work as a full-time receptionist & a part-time retail sales associate. What's the job scene like in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for either of those jobs?

2) Any decent trade schools in the area. Hoping to finish up my Graphic Design degree!

3) What should I avoid at all costs? (restaurants, neighborhoods, attractions)

4) What should I absolutely make time to enjoy?

5) What's the hospitality like?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:14 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,635,891 times
Have you done any research on past threads? You'll find a lot of your questions have very recently been addressed. Why have you chosen to move to Ft. Worth from New Jersey, just curious.???

Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 AM

I did actually, after I posted this question. A bit backwards! And my fiance is in the military. It wasn't exactly a choice! But we're happy to get out of the Philly area.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:51 PM

40,931 posts, read 48,987,706 times
This is a great state & there is everything you might want (good,bad & ugly) in the DFW area from 1st class museums to every school you can imagine.

Tejas is an Indian word that means Friendly and overall we are. Please leave any negatives you've inherited hanging around NJ. Most people who move here love it once you get used our TX heat & culture.

Don't miss the Kennedy Museum in Dallas and Sundance Square and the Stock Yards in FW.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:09 PM

277 posts, read 694,640 times
1) Here I work as a full-time receptionist & a part-time retail sales associate. What's the job scene like in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for either of those jobs? D/FW has fared much better than most of the US so you shouldn't have a problem finding either position. There is a new sushi place near the museums in FW that is hiring but that is just one of many

Moderator cut: sorry, too new to make specific recs, read the TOS

2) Any decent trade schools in the area. Hoping to finish up my Graphic Design degree! Moderator cut: same as above Texas

3) What should I avoid at all costs? (restaurants, neighborhoods, attractions) Dallasites

4) What should I absolutely make time to enjoy?
Fort Worth Zoo
Sundance Square
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
Museum of Science and History
Kimbell Art Museum
Amon Carter Museum
Fort Worth Cats League Baseball
Texas Rangers Baseball
TCU Football
Cowboys Football
Gaylord Texan Resort/Lake Grapevine
Easgle Mountian Lake
Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge
Fort Worth Herd
Moderator cut: same as above

5) What's the hospitality like?

There are so many people here now that it is hard to predict but overall the people are friendly... watch out for the road rage especially in Dallas... D/FW now has almost 7 million folks.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-21-2010 at 10:49 PM..

Old 08-21-2010, 10:10 PM

Thank you fwjeff, that's exactly what I was looking for!
And Rakin, "Please leave any negatives you've inherited hanging around NJ" .... RUDE and UNNECESSARY.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:21 PM

40,931 posts, read 48,987,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJallDai View Post
Thank you fwjeff, that's exactly what I was looking for!
And Rakin, "Please leave any negatives you've inherited hanging around NJ" .... RUDE and UNNECESSARY.
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude but helpful. We do have a lot of people moving here and being in the RE business I see a lot who come in from the north or west coast and start complaining cause they want TX to be just like what they left back home.

When they do this it just tends to alienate your neighbors and coworkers. It's a different, somewhat slower lifestyle then what many out of staters are leaving and many are pretty loud, vocal andn some times obnoxious.

Didn't mean to insult, I should have tried to explain better. We hope you'll love this great state, we all do. Pretty some you'll talk with a Texas accent and love Mexican food. Then when you return home, your family can make fun of the way you talk.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:22 AM

And we have a lot of southerners who like to complain about our fast paced way of life. To each his own---
I never judge before I experience something for myself and I think it's a damn shame that others don't think the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth