U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 05:29 PM

51 posts, read 194,775 times

Advertisements

Hello

We just moved to Grapevine and love what the city has to offer (e.g., shopping, activities for kids, etc.). We are renting but would love to get a house in the next 6 months or so. We have two small children: one is in a public school, and the other one is in a private pre-k.

Here is my dilemma. We can't decide on where to buy a house.

I'd love my kids to enroll in Carroll ISD as it seems to be well run and funded. I don't like the Grapevine school that my son is in for many reasons, e.g., bad traffic, too many students on reduced/free lunch, teachers spending too much time with hispanic-speaking parents and children and not paying much attention to other minority parent like myself, etc.

My husband wants to get a newer home, not older than 10-yr old. We went to new subdivisions in Keller and Flower Mound, and new homes are much nicer.

I want to live close to our church, which is north of Keller.

Commuting is not a problem since we both work from home.

I looked at homes in Southlake. While we can find homes in our price range ($350k-$400k), I would like to be able to save some money. Buying a less expensive home ($280k-$320k) would allow us to have some savings every month. However, less expensive homes mean older homes unless we buy in Keller or Flower Mound, which is outside of Carroll ISD.

So, I need some advices from those who have gone through the same dilemma before and what decision you ended up with. You can try to talk me out of Carroll ISD and suggest a better ISD that are excellent from elementary to high schools. I have grown up in a highly competitive environment, and I am not afraid to send my kids through it. However, I will be glad to listen. All options are on the table at this point.

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,209 times
I can see the problem if you child attends a school where the teachers spending too much time with the hispanic speaking parents. Do they actually speak hispanic to each other? If so, you should record it. You might win an award for discovering a new language.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:24 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,939,277 times
Why not live in one of the nice new neighborhoods in north fort worth: heritage, woodland springs, saratoga, mcphearson ranch... etc. Depending on where you locate, you can be in Keller ISD (which is a very good school district) or Northwest ISD (which is an up and coming school district)
Check them both out. Check out their ratings!

Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 PM

10,624 posts, read 22,620,882 times
There is a very small part of Grapevine that has Carroll ISD schools. It is off of Kimbell to the north of 114. A good Realtor can help you find listings in your price range there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth