Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 04:05 PM

29 posts, read 52,116 times

Advertisements

I have been given a job oppoortunity in Ft Worth. Being that I live in NC and have only visited TX once in my entire life, I have no idea where to begin. I am 27 years old, single and female. My only companion is my 4 year old pitbull. Any suggestions to which area(s) I should consider to find rental housing that would be both pit-friendly and not too far from the area of which I'd be working? Once I accept the position, the move would be fairly quick, so its a decision I'll have to make pretty fast. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 PM

149 posts, read 357,442 times
I'm quite a bit older than you and considering a move out-of-state. Normally I say visit before you move but since it's FW and you're not considering anywhere else, if it was me, I might go for it.
Fort Worth is the end of East Texas and the beginning of West Texas it won't be as green or nearly as wooded as you're used to.

Good luck, FW is one of the least expensive big cities in America and Texans love being Texans.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:59 PM

29 posts, read 52,116 times
Thank you!

Old 11-06-2010, 07:35 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Where will you job be located? Downtown?

There are plenty of smaller houses for rent in and around the Arlington Heights area (essentially, area around the corner of Hulen Street and Camp Bowie Blvd). Indeed, my nephew rented a nice little house on Pershing Avenue, just a couple blocks off Hulen, and he also had a pit bull. At the time he worked in the 'mid cities' area (as we call the small towns located rather close to the DFW airport, Hurst, Bedford and Euless) but since I-30 is just blocks away, he would get to work rather quickly.

The TCU area (off University Dr.) also has lots of rentals, but they tend to be more expensive (since they cater to students, who often share a house).

Good luck!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:50 PM

95 posts, read 256,119 times
You may want to do some research on city ordinances regarding pit bulls to make sure they are allowed.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,243 times
Texas prohibits breed-specific laws, but most rentals seem to have a laundry list of breeds they won't allow.
In Ft. Worth though, they'll hit you with extra fees if you register a dog that's not microchipped or altered. They do offer some low-cost microchip clinics occasionally though if you dog isn't chipped already. They were also progressive enough to pass an anti-tethering ordinance for dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth