Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 PM

11,852 posts, read 26,850,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Most of the apartments mentioned are not actually in Richland Hills. All the ones on the east side of Booth Calloway are the ones that constantly have police called in and they are in Hurst. There is only one small complex on the west side surrounded by some duplexes.
There are a couple of very small complexes on Baker Blvd, but that larger set to the west as it curves is actually in Haltom City. There are a couple of larger assisted living places that might look like apartments on Baker Blvd though, but are not.
Interesting. I didn't realize those were not in RH. I used to work off Glenview...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
If it weren't for the TRE, they would have even more budget trouble, in my opinion, so to vote it out would be shooting themselves in the foot for a huge boost the city got for joining in. Now if they would actually develop some retail near the station they could help themselves even more.
Exactly! I couldn't believe that they thought they would be better off w/o it! A few restaurants, retail, etc. down near that TRE station would be a good thing. A Starbucks there would be a gold mine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Interesting. I didn't realize those were not in RH. I used to work off Glenview...

Exactly! I couldn't believe that they thought they would be better off w/o it! A few restaurants, retail, etc. down near that TRE station would be a good thing. A Starbucks there would be a gold mine...
Ya know, I think Raintree actually is in RH, now that I think about it but the dividing line between RH and Hurst isn't straight down the street like it should be. It's just weird.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:57 AM

309 posts, read 811,655 times
Well sounds like I might prefer Keller, Watauga or North Richland Hills to live..schools not an issue but nice area, reasonable access to shops, dining etc plus ease of location for commuting downtown for work and the airport is what I would like. All your comments great background for me and will be very handy when I start looking in earnest for a house next month on my arrival in FW. So glad I have a month or so in an extended stay hotel so that I have time to check out the areas you have all suggested, thanks!

Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 AM

344 posts, read 993,860 times
Keller and North Richland Hills have better reputations than Watauga. Most of Keller is new and part of NRH is new. When I say "new," I mean built in the last 5-10 years. When I hear Watauga, I think cheap and old.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 PM

Thanks FW Transplant, I had noticed that property there seemed a little cheaper for a like for like property in all other respects.

What is the general consensus on areas such as Fossil Creek, Blue Mound and Marine Creek please?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
^^lots of houses that are all similar and all built around the same time. Great values for families. Very homogenous ..... boxes, and they all look just the same.....

If you don't have children I just can't imagine the benefit from living in those kinds of neighborhoods......

Old 01-07-2011, 02:44 PM

Hmm sounds like I'm gonna be doing a lot of driving around on arrival for a couple weeks to take a look at all the areas .... as children are not an issue at least we can take the good schools factor out of the equation though! I think a good and interested realtor is maybe the way I need to go as house hunting and settling into a new country and job at the same time sounds very stressful!!

Thanks everyone for your very insightful and useful comments.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,423,963 times
You would be doing yourself a great disservice if you count out schools and ISDs. Unless you are going to live in the house forever, you need to look at the resale potential and like it or not, ISDs are big issues for potential buyers.

When we moved out here from California four years ago, we drove around a LOT! If you can, rent first for a little bit. You will get a better lay of the land and really since housing prices are so stagnant right now, you shouldn't be in a rush unless you absolutely fall in love! We found that the amount of homes in our price range was overwhelming. We even toyed with building before we found the home we are in now.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:20 AM

Hi Guingirl

You're absolutely right about school districts being important for resale of real estate but at this point we will only be renting initially so at least we don't have to take that into consideration just yet. I do envisage doing lots of driving around looking lost next month!

Old 01-08-2011, 02:56 PM

133 posts, read 175,544 times
Default Close in Suburb, Saginaw Help!!!!

Hi all,

I am wondering about some of the same things. I have read through various posts asking about the commute from Saginaw to downtown Fort Worth and or areas close, but am puzzled by some of the responses. I have noticed some referring to Saginaw as remote. But according to city data, it is less than ten miles to downtown Fort Worth. So, what is the commute like during rush hour? I have looked through older threads but am perplexed by some of the answers. Some have it pegged at around thirty minutes; other people have mentioned it being longer.

Sorry for so many questions, but am currently a college student in California looking at potential places to buy a house when I get to Texas, that is after I find a job of course. One can dream right?

Thanks much,

Organic Love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth