Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 09:34 PM

224 posts, read 527,718 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I was planning on coming down to Dallas-Ft Worth for the Super Bowl this year, 4 guys in late 20's, not sure where to stay as I've never been to DFW area - which area will haver better super bowl festivities/nightlife? We were planning on coming up the thursday prior to superbowl sunday, I've heard good things about both cities - anyone have any advice?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 09:58 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,613,969 times
Depends on what it is you want to do while here and if you will have a vehicle to use. Most prime places are already booked and full, so finding the best accessible place to stay will be a challenge and may dictate where you go whether you want to or not.

The NFL Experience will be at the convention center in Dallas.

ESPN will be based in downtown Fort Worth with it's own set of activities planned. It's very walkable there once you get there. Plenty of restaurants and some bars there as well for some night life.

Arlington is where the Super Bowl is actually played and it's in between the two cities.

Check out the website for some of the info: National Football League: Super Bowl XLV

Old 12-13-2010, 05:59 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
AFC team will be staying in Fort Worth, and NFC in Dallas. Mos tof the big downtown hotels have already been booked by the teams and/or media.

Fort Worth would be my recommendation because of the walkability and nightlife, but the Fort Worth Stock Show will also be going on, and the rooms that haven't been booked for the Super Bowl will likely all be taken for the Stock Show. (This has been a planning issue ever since the game was announced!) IF you can find a room in downtown Fort Worth, stay there. If not, look in uptown Dallas.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:25 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
actually there are some nice hotels in the towns around FTW--
might be 15-20 mi drive into FTW or Arlington itself for the game

I think some hotels will be running shuttles to game that don't do it for Cowboys' regular ones--
lots of Super Bowl traffic--
and frankly getting in/out of Dallas to Arlington is going to be way worse than FTW side...

Old 12-16-2010, 05:36 AM

764 posts, read 597,152 times
I live in Arlington, about 10-15 mins from the Stadium. Its pretty cool here now. No real Downtown, but there's alot to do. No bus system though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth