Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 07:49 AM

8 posts, read 49,555 times

Advertisements

OK, I have been non stop reading and such. Hoping someone can give some good insight here...........By the way you all are great and nice to give such great info (even the not so great)

I am looking to move to TX from Mass. It will be myself and my 6 y/o daughter and 16 y/o son (no there are no typoes in that ). I work at a large Local Hospital now as a (what you all call) a PCT (we call it a CNA or PCA). I am looking to go back to college and get my RN (have Associates in Criminal Justice <--too old now to get back into that ). Anyway, I am not getting much luck in e-mailing 2 of the Hospitals and the 3rd one give only a bit of info.
I am looking to be south of FTW/Dallas. SMALL town with a min of 10 acres.

I am looking at BAYLOR MEDICAL CENTER AT WAXAHACHIE, HILL REGIONAL HOSPITAL in Hillsboro, and Harris Methodist Walls Regional in Cleburne (who did respond, but really not in a very welcoming way when I asked about starting pay and Tuition reimbursement). Anyone know about work in any of these Hospitals?

The towns I am looking at are all between Hillsboro and Waxahachie. Looking to spend less then $200,000 (I know this is low, but very do able in that area. Just not sure what towns are really a no go). I have been to the area around Hillsboro a few years ago and although it is a nice town, I would need to live (what looked like at the time) more East of town, away from the welfare/run down area, I am just not that type.

Thank you in advance.

-Lin

P.S. Can someone explain why Royse City (northEast of Dallas)
is sooo cheap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 09:54 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
the initials for your job weren't meaningful to me -- but I guess you mean you only have certification, not a nursing degree. I just know the FTW paper has lots of listing for nursing personnel each week--seems that hospitals and drs have to work hard to stay staffed...

Might consider further east of DFW area---new housing in Tyler is relative expensive but they have two hospitals there I think and it is a nice town and there are smaller towns around it were you would have a better chance to get some land...

check the TX nursing board and see what information they have--maybe a job board listing jobs in different areas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth