U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 06:00 AM

121 posts, read 378,477 times

Advertisements

My sister found a home in the Heritage Glen Subdivision Add, in Keller. Does anyone have any info on this subdivision or the schools in this area? She is thrilled over the price of the home but it seems to be on the high end of the other homes in the neighborhood. Also, there are still lots for sale while the subdivision has been there for a while. Any info? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 10:19 AM

32,546 posts, read 51,084,504 times
she needs a good realtor with local insight as well--someone not just interested in selling a home

Old 12-30-2010, 05:06 AM

357 posts, read 989,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFriend View Post
My sister found a home in the Heritage Glen Subdivision Add, in Keller. Does anyone have any info on this subdivision or the schools in this area? She is thrilled over the price of the home but it seems to be on the high end of the other homes in the neighborhood. Also, there are still lots for sale while the subdivision has been there for a while. Any info? Thanks!

Heritage Glen isn't in the city of Keller. It's in Fort Worth.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:00 AM

Thanks for your replies. We are just trying to figure out how she is able to get so much house for the money. We searched online and the elementary schools seem good in the area. And the subdivision is zoned for Keller thus making me think it was in the Keller town limits. But I know how crazy those lines are drawn. We had a realtor but she seemed to recommend every single area and every single home that we went into. I know she could do some price comparisons for us. We are just waiting to see if my sis gets a job that she applied for to enable her to move down. She has had two interviews and has a third interview next week. Wish us luck!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 PM

295 posts, read 876,993 times
Heritage Glen is in Fort Worth but Keller School District. That subdivision is more on the lower end than others around so I would be careful to buy at top prices for the subdivision itself. You didn't say what her budget is but she could also look at Villages of Woodland springs, Crawford farms, and others in the area that in my personal opinion may have a better chance at property appreciation than Heritage Glen.

Good luck!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,921,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamber View Post
Heritage Glen is in Fort Worth but Keller School District. That subdivision is more on the lower end than others around so I would be careful to buy at top prices for the subdivision itself. You didn't say what her budget is but she could also look at Villages of Woodland springs, Crawford farms, and others in the area that in my personal opinion may have a better chance at property appreciation than Heritage Glen.

Good luck!
I doubt Crawford farms or VOW would appreciate faster than Heritage. Why would they?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,312 times
Heritage Glen is not part of Hillwood's subdivision, "Heritage". Heritage Glen is a lower end subdivision that abuts up to Heritage. I think that their developer cleverly named it to confuse potential buyers. However, there is a distinct difference in the homes and their values. You can distinctly see it when you drive down the street. In addition, Heritage Glen offers no amenities unlike the amenities offered to Heritage residents. Therefore, I totally agree with jcamber in the post to be careful not to buy at top prices. Heritage Subdivision and Crawford Farms are equal and wouldn't appreciate any differently. However, Heritage Glen is not comparable to Heritage and Crawford Farms.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:38 PM

Perhaps I should have mentioned that they have a budget of $150-200,000

Old 03-25-2011, 09:02 PM

427 posts, read 898,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFriend View Post
Perhaps I should have mentioned that they have a budget of $150-200,000
For that budget, your sister could get a home in the Heritage itself... (but not in the Bluffs...)

Old 03-26-2011, 09:09 AM

Thanks. Of course now she is checking out Haslet and Justin... Any ideas about those areas? Her job is in Flower Mound and therefore wants something a little closer to her daycare (Roanoke) and work. But they are not looking in Flower Mound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth