Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 04:51 PM

85 posts, read 173,585 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Another question for you: can you please help me figure out what the best school districts are in the Forth Worth area? I was originally planning to live in Arlington/Mansfield for the Mansfield school district, but now I've found out I could also handle the commute to my new job if I live north of Fort Worth. My friend just moved to there in October and chose north because of the Keller school district and a STEM academy. However, I'm having a hard time finding homes in the Keller school district (primarily because I don't know what cities to look for). If you have a link to a website that ranks the districts, that would be great, too. I'll have one in 4th and one in 6th when I move there in February, but I really want to find a school that's good for 5th and 7th. I was a little confused on some school districts because they have four different types of schools; elementary, intermediate, middle, and high school. Here we only have 3; elementary, middle or junior, and high school.

Any advice you can give on schools would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
Jen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 10:01 PM

425 posts, read 995,004 times
I don't know of any websites that rank the school districts, but I'm just showing my support for the Keller ISD. I love it. My son is in 5th grade, so he's recently started Intermediate school.

Here is a link to the Keller ISD district map:

http://www.kellerisd.net/studentsandfamilies/know/Pages/BoundaryMaps (broken link).

I hope that helps!

Old 01-01-2011, 10:03 PM

425 posts, read 995,004 times
Oops - the link didn't work. Go to the Keller ISD website > kellerisd.net > Students & Families > Need to know...

Old 01-01-2011, 11:14 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,788,023 times
www.GreatSchools.net (http://www.GreatSchools.net - broken link) compares schools within a particular state to each other.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:34 AM

Thanks for that! I needed a visual! If you know of anyone that wants to rent a 3-4 bdrm/2 bath home and would allow 1 dog and 3 cats, PM me please! :-) I'll be moving towards the end of February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatChicagoan View Post
I don't know of any websites that rank the school districts, but I'm just showing my support for the Keller ISD. I love it. My son is in 5th grade, so he's recently started Intermediate school.

Here is a link to the Keller ISD district map:

http://www.kellerisd.net/studentsandfamilies/know/Pages/BoundaryMaps (broken link).

I hope that helps!

Old 01-02-2011, 02:43 PM

5 posts, read 24,909 times
We are moving to the DFW area sometime in the spring and I have been using this site to look at schools. Exemplary or Recognized is what you want. I assume this is a valid tool but if people know of others, I'd appreciate it! 2010 Accountability: List by County

Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsredman View Post
We are moving to the DFW area sometime in the spring and I have been using this site to look at schools. Exemplary or Recognized is what you want. I assume this is a valid tool but if people know of others, I'd appreciate it! 2010 Accountability: List by County
Thanks for that. I was wondering how they rated schools and this explains a lot. I've also read www.greatschools.org on here as well. That will allow you to view each schools website as well. Interesting enough, our current school district ranks in the 4's and 5's, while pretty much all of the Fort Worth area is 8's and 9's, so I'm thinking any school in Texas will be a whole lot better than where my kids are now!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 PM

Haha. Ooops! SouthernBelle already said that above!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth